“Scrummy and intimate”

Ranked #2,450 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lalibela Restaurant, the home of Ethiopian cuisine in London serving you the best home-style Ethiopian food since 1993. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and the wide selection of meat, vegetarian, fish and poultry dishes on a menu we've been perfecting for over 20 years. Enjoy the wonderful collection of art imported from all over Ethiopia giving you a window into our rich culture and History.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I went here for a birthday a few years ago and went back last night with someone special. I was really impressed and it was so much fun sharing the pancake and the food was scrumptious! The coffee ceremony was also great fun and delicious. The staff were friendly and attentive. I would recommend this place unreservedly - my boyfriend and I both traveled quite far out of our way to go and it was well worth it.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Out of all the Ethiopian restaurants I have been to, this is by far the best. The atmosphere is great and the staff go out their way to truly ensure that you enjoy your evening. I particularly loved the beautiful Ethiopian art work.

1  Thank Zafu A
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been to Lalibela twice now(solo), in fact planning to revisit again but with work colleagues to impress!
Food is delicious and authentic(Ethiopian cuisine), almost like a voyage to Ethiopia... great service with super friendly staff.
I would recommend this place for its uniqueness, very adorable, everything about it was so sweet again the food was gorgeous.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I visited Lalibela for the first time this weekend. I was taking a risk going to Lalibela as although I have eaten Ethiopian food before, I had not eaten at Lalibela before and I had a party of 13 people (I booked ahead). But I was not disappointed! The food was very flavorsome and a good variety of dishes for me as a vegan. The rest of my group were all meat eater so they had a vast range to choose from. The Service Manager Hana and her team were very friendly and efficient with such a large group. We were made to feel welcome and the venue and atmosphere proved to be perfect for the occasion. I would definitely return to Lalibela and recommend it to others. Donna.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Good food is very important to me, and I am always looking for good places around London and sometimes it is quite hard to find consistently good restaurants. Lalibela definitely delivers. Amazing food, all the times. It is a great experience to taste original Ethiopian food, personal is nice and always ready to help advising on choices.

One of the amazing things about Lalibela is that you can really bring people over and you will never fail to impress your friends and family. The kind of food is quite "social", sharing food at the table it's an experience by itself, and the quality is excellent. Every dish is so good that is hard to pick a favourite.

This restaurant is a true gem and I could not recommend it enough!

1  Thank APA P