“loved it”

Ranked #6,318 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Antidote restaurant and wine bar has been pleasing palates for over 15 years. Antidote's kitchen is run by talented Head Chef Michael Hazlewood who serves a constantly changing menu featuring some of the most impressive seasonal produce you'll find anywhere in the capital. With an impressive list of finely sourced organic and biodynamic wines, it's the perfect place to enjoy inventive cooking and a good few glasses of wine. The venue is spread over two floors and features a bookable outdoor terrace and cheese and charcuterie bar on the ground floor and a recently refurbished bright and elegant dining room on the first floor.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“loved it”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went with my wife on a visit to London despite some of the reviews. Loved it. The service was excellent, food good and there was a nice ambiance. It is a good French bistro/winebar. Our waiter was outstanding.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GazT007

London, United Kingdom
“Warming to it”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having been there for lunch and dinner and just wine a few times, I keep coming back for more despite the sometime lax service with a bit of an attitude.
The wines are excellent and the specials of the day and steaks just so.
Maybe once they know you, they become friendlier and warmer. Way to go......
But I will go back again, I love the place.

• Visited March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Decent food and wine let down by service.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Following a recommendation, I went there with a friend for a relaxed evening of good wine and food. It went downhill before we even arrived as they rang to confirm the reservation but stating we would have to leave within 2.5 hours. While this did not impress me, I wanted to try it so we went along. My experience has normally been that the restaurant will try and accommodate you past this time if possible. After arriving, when we want to order something, we had to wait and then at other points we were pressured to order mains and desserts in an obvious attempt to get us to spend money quickly. Around 8.00 pm they waiter came to ask us if we wanted anything else and when we ordered desserts he reminded us we need to leave in 15 minutes. Once we were finished the waiter then stated the next couple wanted their table but offered up the bar (which had just cleared) if we wanted to stay. This is even though there were several other tables for two vacant. While I enjoyed my wine and food they are many other places in London that are as good and value their customers much more.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very French”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My title is not totally a compliment. I like Antidote, my wife and I like to go there for a drink, snack or occasionally a meal. It is informal, the food good, the wine pricy but good. So, what's wrong? I can see that sometimes the service could be slow and the attitude of the staff a bit....Parisian?
My recommendation is to go and enjoy. The "formule" is excellent. Moule marinieres with fries and a glass of white wine for £10 is great by any standard. The cheese platter or ham platter is fabulous. Main courses are good quality and the Soho location is perfect. Just be patient with the service.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Alreiser
“Poor food, awful atmosphere, awful 'fag-ash breath' manager.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came here with my boyfriend for a valentines dinner. I had high expectations, the food menu looked superb and the wine menu was extensive. However, the wine was overpriced for the quality that we recieved, but this isn't my complaint as with such an extensive wine menu (over 100 wines listed) you cannot guarantee a good selection every time. The food was to a poor quality - the pork was bloody (which I'm sure is wrong?!) and the fish was slimey and lacked flavour. We weren't asked about how our meal was and so were left to finish an unsatisfactory meal. On being given the bill (which came to over £90 with service included) I was shocked that they could charge so much for the food and tat the management could have such audacity to place a 12.5% service charge on top! We asked for the service charge to be removed and stated we weren't happy, and so the manager was called, he arrived a couple of minutes later reeking of cigarette smoke and completely unapologetic, once we stated why we wanted to take service off, he stormed off in a horrific mood and returned moments later with our new bill without service. I won't be returning, and the truth of the matter is that the manager had no capability to deal with complaints - he was grumpy, unatentive and generally extremely rude. Nothing will make me return to this place.

3 Thank AtanasRusenov