“My return to la porte des indes”
Review of La Porte Des Indes - CLOSED

La Porte Des Indes
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: La Porte des Indes is Indian cuisine on a grand scale, from the nine-metre waterfall cascading through the restaurant to the eight chefs in the kitchen. The food is just as spectacular, borrowing flavours from the former French colonies to add to its array of traditional dishes. Its central London location should mean you can spare some time for a visit to the Jungle Bar, where patrons are encouraged to throw peanut shells on the floor.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My first visit here was when I worked in England in 2001 and I was absolutely "wowed" with the experience. I now live in France and vowed to return when next I came to London with my wife. We did that this weekend 16 March and we were both equally impressed with the surroundings, atmosphere, food and service. I can unreservedly suggest this restaurant as a great eating experience that will remain in the memory for ever

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have dined at La Porte des Indes on numerous occasions, it's absolutely top class. Recently, a colleague wanted to impress his fiancée and asked me to recommend somewhere for a Valentine's night meal - she's a veggie, and I know of nowhere better. Beautiful food, amazing menu and all elegantly served in truly stunning surroundings.
My colleague couldn't thank me enough which prompted me to write and say a few words by way of a long-overdue tribute to the restaurant. Well Done guys, you didn't let me down ;-)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Porte des indes never fails to deliver on ambience with the wonderful water feature but the food left much to be desired - cold saag paneer was delivered to the table. most curries lacked seasoning and portion sizes were on the small side for the prices. cocktails were tasty especially the mango daquiri

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Sunday Brunch - my wife and I took our 2 and 5 year old daughters - as soon as we walked in, we could tell our daughters were excited. The mood of the place (combination of the decor, music, fragrances etc) was very relaxing and it made them calm and therefore enabled us to enjoy our meal. The reastaurant staff also took them away for a while for hand and face painting, which also allowed us to enjoy the food in a lesiurely way.

The food was excellent. The brunch is a buffet that you can enjoy over a slow and rejuvenating way. There were so many delicious things to try and we were not disappointed by any of them. We were seated upstairs, so we walked downstairs, past the jazz musicians and fountain/water wall to get our starters. The main courses were on our the same floor as we were seated.

The drinks were really impressive. We has some excellent cocktails. My cocktail was a rum based one served in a fresh coconut shell with fresh coconut water, lime and other fruits. It was one of the best cocktails I have had and made me feel like I was in another country.

The staff are very helpful and polite. We would definitely repeat the experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Excellent food, quick, attentive service and a great ambiance. Something of a Tardis - with a large and beautiful interior decor. I will go again. Mike