“Delicious”
Review of Kensington Place

Kensington Place
Ranked #3,123 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kensington Place remains one of London's iconic neighbourhood restaurants serving simple and stylish food in a relaxed atmosphere, surrounded by the buzz of Notting Hill. Dan Loftin's menu celebrates the best of British fish, as well as featuring classic brasserie dishes. All dishes are made using local ingredients and sustainably sourced fish from Billingsgate Market and the British coast. KP (as it is affectionately referred to by locals), also has an extensive wine list available both by the glass and bottle. Next door to the restaurant is The Fish Shop, offering a wide choice of fish and crustacea.
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The choices of seafood was amazing. The service was great. The servers were so helpful and gave suggestions for choices of wine and food pairings. It was an unrushed pleasant evening.

Visited March 2013

“Dreadful avoid”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a party of 9.restaurant very noisy as acoustics dreadful .foof was tepid and uninspiring ,service wasappalling staff never took coats and after the order only came when called.Waitress pushed several guests when she cleared table between courses she split wine and food on floor and on guests coat added to which she coughed the whole way through her service.As a local I would never recommend it is all show and no substance

Daniel J, General Manager at Kensington Place, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Tteerry

I am sorry to hear about your poor experience at Kensington Place. It was with some concern that I read your recent review and there was clearly a lack of attention during your visit.

To read that the service was "appalling" and the food was "uninspiring" feels like a personal failure and therefore I cannot express my apologies enough.

However, I would love the opportunity to discuss further with you - perhaps via a less public means as you will not be able to post a reply to this on TA anyway (one reply only per review.)

Furthermore I would relish the opportunity to improve your opinion of the restaurant, show you how great Kensington Place really is, and prove to you that your visit was an isolated incident.

Please do get in touch - danielj@danddlondon.com.

Kind regards

Dan Joines
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and wonderful choice of fish”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Kensington Place is within easy reach of Notting Hill tube station. It has a lovely bar area at the entrance and a spacious contemporary dining area, not fussy or formal but not too casual either. The staff are attentive and the fish menu is superb. I had thinly sliced swordfish to start which was light and very tasty, followed by a whole mackerel served off the bone and with a sauce vierge. There were some really interesting choices on the fish menu and many of them served of the bone which makes a real difference. They did have meat options on the main menu but I'd recommend the fish.

London, United Kingdom
“Customer-friendly and unpushy service.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Now a specialist fish restaurant with its own fishmonger shop next door. We were recommended the fish soup plus the usual accompaniments. Unfortunately, it arrived lukewarm and we sent it back. The waiter was profusely apologetic, told us that we would be kept waiting a further five minutes, a good sign as they were not just going to re-heat it as many bad restaurants try to get away with. He mentioned that we would not be charged for the soup - a classy touch as I hadn't even thought to mention this. it was worth the wait, in fact it was one of the very best I've tasted anywhere - and there have been many over the years. My companion ordered steamed mussels - again, exceleent as were my fish (haddock) and chips. Nor is this one of those places constantly refilling your glass to lur you into ordering another bottle at eye-watering prices, now sadly commonplace. They sell wine by the half litre which gets around the problem. Nice atmosphere.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Prawns should be served blue??? Teach your granny to suck eggs?”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked to go to KP on Sat evening as part of our girls reunion and it looked lovely. BUT when the prawn starter arrived the heads were blue- when we asked about it we were told they were supposed to be like that. I don't think so. Then the salmon arrived and it was cold on top of cold mash potato and cold veg- again we were told it was supposed to be like that-- worst meal I have eaten out in along long time and two of us had bad stomachs afterwards. Really disappointing as it looks so promising great cocktails at bar, great decor but unfortunately don't think head chef is much cop- or perhaps he was having the weekend off. We all grew up in Ireland which has some of the best sea food in the world and after living in London for several years I now thankfully live in Cornwall. I have never beeen served blue prawns and cold, undercooked salmon in a sea food restaurant before any where in the world. Terrible.

2 Thank lesley-ann e