“Cheap and cheerful.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not top quality but a fun lively place where the vegetarian character is almost forgotten and I code tail. We have been twice it has been convivial and enjoyable each time although we were in groups of 6 and 8. Prices are fair and in our experience bookings have been respected and the staff efficient and polite.

1  Thank JoeS424

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been to Jai once before, about 15 years ago, and I remember having had an amazing meal there. I had some vegetarian's visiting this week from Canada, and live really close to Jai, so I decided to go. I can't fathom why this was the first visit in 15 years. The food was amazing, so fast, and SO cheap. We had a selection of mixed starters, Bhaji's, a chickpea pancake stuffed with spiced potato, and, for the first time ever, Indian pizza called Ittapham (spelling sorry) which was a mixture of chick pea and rice flour as a base, with various spicy toppings. It was divine!! Then for mains we had a huge selection of various curries, most outstanding was their most popular dish, caramalised potatoes with black mustard seeds, and a coconut infused mixed vegetable curry. The chipati were excellant, the only thing I can fault them for is the paratha was slightly too greasy.....There were 8 of us dining, and the bill came to £88 - so basically £11 pound per person. This dosen't include drinks, as it's a BYOB - however there are so few places that are BYOB in london that it's great, as you can save lots of money on drinks. In addition, there is a fabulous place across the road which sells 100's of differnt types of lagers, stouts, ciders etc. I even found a bottle of ginger orange cider which went so well with the curry! The bill was so cheap, but to be honest could have been cheaper as we way over ordered. This place is not fancy, it's plastic table cloths, service is by ordering at the counter, but even if you are not vegetarian you will be impressed. So well worth a visit.

2  Thank Ilenka J
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I left here totally bewildered as to why this place is popular. We made a booking which was pointless as we had to wait half an hour until a table became available anyway. The staff didn’t even apologise for this. I assumed that the lack of customer service or decent décor would be compensated for by the food, but that was a mistake. The quality is like that of a very average Indian takeaway. Edible but nothing special – in fact it was quite bland and greasy. It’s true that the food is quite cheap, but in this case you really get what you pay for.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

The prices are reasonable so I could put up with the dingy feel of the restaurant and the rude service if the foo was good but it isn't. Bland and not particularly interesting. The place is always busy - I think because people believe its authentic. But it's not as an authentic Indian veg restaurant (like all the great ones in Wembley) would have amazing food to match the rude service

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It's easy to walk straight past Jai Krishna, but definitely worth visiting. Simple decor, serious looking waiters and really amazing food. It's ridiculously cheap, and is BYO, with a tiny corkage charge. I've eaten as a party of four and the whole bill has come to around £25. The curries are fresh and super delicious. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ch87