“First class”
Review of J Sheekey

J Sheekey
Reserve with OpenTable
J Sheekey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #338 of 24,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the heart of Covent Garden, J Sheekey is a fish and seafood restaurant offering the finest fish, oysters, shellfish and other fruits de mer. Discreetly tucked away on St Martin's Court between Charing Cross Road and St Martin's Lane, J Sheekey is a stone's throw from many of the West End's theatres, the cinemas of Leicester Square and vibrant quarters of Covent Garden and Soho. The Royal Opera House and Coliseum, Palace Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Wyndham's, Duke of York and Noel Coward Theatres are close by, making the restaurant perfect for pre and post theatre dining. All fish is responsibly caught from sustainable sources.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

J Sheekey starts off pretty well for me because I'm a big fish fan, and it gets better because I was being treated for my birthday.

From first to last the service, food quality, atmosphere and experience fully lived up to the billing. Recommend having a cocktail first (excellent, chatty but not intrusive bar staff) and you pretty much can't go wrong with anything on the menu. We will be returning. Top class food and dining experience done extremely well.

1  Thank Ian G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,598)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

J.Sheekey has a fame as one of the best sea food restaurant in London. First of all it is very expensive. The choice for fish should be much more in the menu. The broiled lobster was very small and was not cooked enough. Other things we had were tasty and good. The earliest possible reservation was two days later than called. I do not thing that I will try it again

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We opted for the set weekend set lunch (£26.50) for three courses, and half a dozen Jersey oysters to start which (not on the set menu) I was informed were delicious. Spinach and garlic soup with a smoked haddock beignet - a nice touch. Sheekey's Famous Fish Pie was good, but not the best I've had, and slightly on the dry side. Accompanied by good quality haricots verts swimming in butter. Opted for the Farmhouse cheese (cheddar) with oatcakes and homemade chutney - a tad disappointing as I expected at least a choice of cheeses, and I could not cope with the idea of Spotted Dick and custard. Decent bottle of Southern France house Sauvignon Blanc doesn't break the banak (£24.50). Good atmosphere, helpful and very good service. I'd like to go back and order from the a la Carte.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My what a wonderful experience great food (incredible sea food platter) fabulous discreet and attentive service, very impressive not a single detractor, we 4 all loved it, cheap no, but you get what you pay for in life.
Thanks and we will be back.

1  Thank ManagerProctor
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been to J Sheekey and couple of times now and have been incredibly impressed on both occasions. My best friend eats here often and I understand why. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating and food is phenomenal. I had a shrimp and scallop burger last time (I know, sounds strange) but it was so delicious. And the courgette fries...yum!

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for and t's completely worth it for such high quality fish and great service. I'm sure I'll be back again soon!