“Sea food Bar food”
Review of J Sheekey

J Sheekey
Reserve with OpenTable
J Sheekey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the heart of Covent Garden, J Sheekey is a fish and seafood restaurant offering the finest fish, oysters, shellfish and other fruits de mer. Discreetly tucked away on St Martin's Court between Charing Cross Road and St Martin's Lane, J Sheekey is a stone's throw from many of the West End's theatres, the cinemas of Leicester Square and vibrant quarters of Covent Garden and Soho. The Royal Opera House and Coliseum, Palace Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Wyndham's, Duke of York and Noel Coward Theatres are close by, making the restaurant perfect for pre and post theatre dining. All fish is responsibly caught from sustainable sources.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Classic Oyster Bar. If you keep to basics nothing can go wrong. Presentation standard. Trendy setting

Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty! All of the staff were friendly and smiling. We arrived just before 12 and the restaurant opened promptly at 12. We were given the lunchtime special menu and the a la carte. No quality had been spared with the lunchtime menu plus it was good value at £29 per head for 3 courses excl drinks! All 3 courses were superb and I think I had the best fish pie ever!! I will definitely go aim as I am keen to try the oysters.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went here in July for lunch with my wife.
Neither of us had been before, but had heard a great deal about it, and it didn't let us down.
I had a dressed crab which was superb, followed by Dover sole and summer vegetables, delicious. My wife had Dublin Bay Prawns which she raved about, and followed that with (???) King prawns with a salsa which were almost but not as good.
Ambience, buzzing, service, excellent.
Possibly seating a bit tight knit but all in all fabulous, though as ever, the alcohol was the bill's downfall!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Leicester Square is a nasty place and this restaurant fit right in. Sat at table at bar. French waiter was incredibly rude. Dirty place--desperately needs a redo. Then guy at bar talking loudly on cell phone. Not much food for money. Would not recommend.

2  Thank TravellerSpaLover
Reviewed July 8, 2013

From stepping through the door to leaving – we found the service excellent. We were warmly greeted and shown directly to our table. I found the staff pleasant and they had time to describe the dishes. The food itself was very well presented and although you are paying top prices – considering you are in the capital, it was realistically priced.