“Isnik - my local”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I eat at Isnik almost every week. The food is authentic Turkish, 'home cooked', and freshly prepared. It is delicious. If you like a lot of noise, bustle, and showiness, the understated, almost shy, welcome from the family and their team may not be for you. It is for me which is why I return again and again. And it is very incredibly cheap.

1  Thank Jonathan D

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Called up and booked a table here and was told I could have the time I wanted (8:45pm). I then asked about a deal that they have with the Gourmet Society (bit like a Taste Card), which was valid that night. As soon as the man on the phone heard me mention it, he told me that I could no longer have my table and would need to come after 9:30.

He clearly didn't want us there if we were going to be saving some money through a deal and would rather mess us around and make us come later than lose any money.

I've been here before and the food wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good enough to warrant this kind of mercenary attitude by the restaurant.

1  Thank Henry693
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We've had 2 meals here now and both have been good. Nice atmosphere, simple, local and relaxed. One negative if you sit too close to the front of the restaurant it's a bit cold. So take a scarf!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We arrived hungry and expectant. Isnik looks very welcoming, pretty decor, comfy seats. It was 6pm and realised quickly that the staff were about to changeover - not that it improved the surly service. A starter of turkish sausages, freshly made creamy humous and a delicious bulgar wheat salad. The waitresses changed over our new waitress was even more grumpy, avoiding any eye contact. Superb mains washed down with a bottle of red. £60 incl service. Great value and tasty but not sure I would return as they don't really want you there!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed last night. The food was superb. Thank you to you, your wonderful chef and staff for a lovely evening. Again the food and service was excellent.