“Best in London”

Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Ranked #247 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Transit: Shoreditch Overground Station, Liverpool Street Underground Station
Description: This Spitalfields steakhouse has wooed much of London since opening in 2006; word-of-blog has only served to create an even bigger buzz around the restaurant and its food. A case of the emperor's new clothes? We think no.' Time Out Spitalfields was our first restaurant, and the general view is that it is where the 'Hawksmoor spirit' is best embodied - many of the staff have worked there for years and would never consider elsewhere. Great steaks, great drinks and an amazing atmosphere, full of people who desperately care whether you enjoy your evening. We are located just down the road from our namesake Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christ Church Spitalfields and 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Street, Old Street and Aldgate stations. It can accommodate 115 people for exclusive hire and the back section of the restaurant is ideal for groups of up to 55. The restaurant can be hired exclusively for a meat-fuelled party, corporate function and wedding receptions. For information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Best in London”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm a huge fan of Hawksmoor and believe they offer the best steak experience in London. Of the 3 I frequent - Spitalfields, Seven dials and Guildhall - I consider the original Spitalfields location to be the best - particularly now they've addressed the former service issues, although these had remarkably managed to become cherished by the clientele.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank B0n_Viv

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a great evening here, really good atmosphere! The steak is worth the trip on its own, probably one of the best steaks I've ever had! The service was very helpful, efficient & friendly. There's a good array of drinks on offer especially if you like your cocktails. It is pricey but certainly the quality of the steak is worth it! i would say it is ideal for a special occasion! Overall a really good quality steak house!

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Still drooling”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Hawksmoor regulars know just how good their food is but to the first timer the anticipation is just as mouth watering. I dined here with my son who is an avid supporter of great steak houses and this proved to be everything he had told it would be. From booking a table on spec the experience was superb. All staff were excellent and our personal waiter advised on which steak and the best size to order for both of us. The actual steaks were cooked to perfection and the taste was superb, so much so I feel I can still taste it 24 hours later. Well done to all at Spitalfields Hawksmoor your efforts were very much appreciated. Hope to see you again when next in London

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Awesome steak.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Pricey but worth it, especially if it's a special occasion. The meat was absolutely amazing. Loved the unique touches too, nice to go to a different type if restaurant for a change. Not pretentious at all.

London, United Kingdom
“Love Steak... Love Hawksmoor!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

After plenty of online research along with attaining friends and colleagues opinions on their best steak experience in London... I finally narrowed down my selection to a final two, a toss up between Hawksmoor and Goodman (Hawksmoor just edged it due to the dessert options on offer). I called up to reserve a table for 2, only to be surprised that my preferred option of 7 or 7:30pm was not available... on a Monday!? (must be a good sign).

On arrival, I was very pleased with my final choice of restaurant and venue for my girlfriends birthday meal (the research paid off). We were then welcomed by a pleasant aroma as we entered the restaurant. The service was very attentive and our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable about what Hawksmoor had to offer.

We decided to go for 900g of the prime rib (to share)... which would be washed down with a fine bottle of Malbec (After all... steak and malbec are best friends!) Our main arrived... cooked to perfection! the sides of creamed spinach, triple cooked chips, roasted field mushrooms and bone marrow gravy soon followed. The prime rib was so succulent... amazing flavour! This meal was fit for any King and Queen

As a surprise... I requested a birthday message to be written on the dessert plate. When the desserts arrived, our waiter was honest and said the kitchen made a mistake with the birthday message and dessert... they quickly rectified this by saying both desserts would be on the house. It was fine, as we were going to go for the sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream anyway... im not the biggest dessert fan but WOW!! it was amazing!

I heard a lot about Hawksmoor in the past... and I can honestly say, the Hawksmoor experience didn't disappoint. Better still... my girlfriend loved it! Every aspect met my expectations... I highly recommend this place :)