“Awesome steak.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawksmoor Spitalfields

Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Ranked #239 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Transit: Shoreditch Overground Station, Liverpool Street Underground Station
Description: This Spitalfields steakhouse has wooed much of London since opening in 2006; word-of-blog has only served to create an even bigger buzz around the restaurant and its food. A case of the emperor's new clothes? We think no.' Time Out Spitalfields was our first restaurant, and the general view is that it is where the 'Hawksmoor spirit' is best embodied - many of the staff have worked there for years and would never consider elsewhere. Great steaks, great drinks and an amazing atmosphere, full of people who desperately care whether you enjoy your evening. We are located just down the road from our namesake Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christ Church Spitalfields and 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Street, Old Street and Aldgate stations. It can accommodate 115 people for exclusive hire and the back section of the restaurant is ideal for groups of up to 55. The restaurant can be hired exclusively for a meat-fuelled party, corporate function and wedding receptions. For information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Awesome steak.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Pricey but worth it, especially if it's a special occasion. The meat was absolutely amazing. Loved the unique touches too, nice to go to a different type if restaurant for a change. Not pretentious at all.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Love Steak... Love Hawksmoor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

After plenty of online research along with attaining friends and colleagues opinions on their best steak experience in London... I finally narrowed down my selection to a final two, a toss up between Hawksmoor and Goodman (Hawksmoor just edged it due to the dessert options on offer). I called up to reserve a table for 2, only to be surprised that my preferred option of 7 or 7:30pm was not available... on a Monday!? (must be a good sign).

On arrival, I was very pleased with my final choice of restaurant and venue for my girlfriends birthday meal (the research paid off). We were then welcomed by a pleasant aroma as we entered the restaurant. The service was very attentive and our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable about what Hawksmoor had to offer.

We decided to go for 900g of the prime rib (to share)... which would be washed down with a fine bottle of Malbec (After all... steak and malbec are best friends!) Our main arrived... cooked to perfection! the sides of creamed spinach, triple cooked chips, roasted field mushrooms and bone marrow gravy soon followed. The prime rib was so succulent... amazing flavour! This meal was fit for any King and Queen

As a surprise... I requested a birthday message to be written on the dessert plate. When the desserts arrived, our waiter was honest and said the kitchen made a mistake with the birthday message and dessert... they quickly rectified this by saying both desserts would be on the house. It was fine, as we were going to go for the sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream anyway... im not the biggest dessert fan but WOW!! it was amazing!

I heard a lot about Hawksmoor in the past... and I can honestly say, the Hawksmoor experience didn't disappoint. Better still... my girlfriend loved it! Every aspect met my expectations... I highly recommend this place :)

London, United Kingdom
“A great steak night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went with 2 of my friends last weekend to celebrate a birthday. We have not booked a table as their website is saying that bookings are only accepted for groups of 6 and more.. which i have found was not true as most tables were booked indeed.. so if you want to enjoy your evening without the stress of someone waiting for you to finish - book in advance!
A very good and busy restaurant, quite laud as well, but still possible to have a conversation - so it's fine. Very good service.. we had 1.5h to order and eat and we have been served very quickly so our order went through straight. We have not ordered any starters, but been given some bread, which was nice. We have ordered some steaks and their famous triple cooked chips, mash with peppercorn sauce.. Well, i have to say i loved every minute of it.. I am not really a steak person and if i eat steak, i eat only the best meet.. and i really enjoyed their Porterhouse.. every single bite in fact.. :) I have also tried one of their famous cocktails: CoNCealed WeaPoN - which was pretty nice and my friends had pint of beer each. We then had some coffees and a desert. All very nice... I must say food was really nice and portions quite big, although you have ta bare in mind that food is quite expensive at Hawksmoor.. we have paid altogether with the service which was included in our bill: 197gbp which i think is quite expensive for 3 people and certainly not an amount i would want to pay often for a dinner... But i think it's a nice place to treat steak lovers.. so once in a while.. why not..

Bangkok
“The steaks expert but at a price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hawksmoor Spitalfields sits right in the center of the business district of London. Judging by the suits that come for lunch, I would say this is a popular place for businessmen who work in the area. I bring this up because I do not think it is a great place for a family meal, more of a place where deals are made and clients entertained.
We had gone there expecting spectacular steaks. What we got was not a letdown. The steaks came without any decoration so to speak. A fairly well cooked piece on a white plate, with sauce on the side. My son's steak was more rare than medium rare so that was a disappointment, although the meat quality was very good. We both loved the sweet potato, which, in our mind, became the highlight rather than the steaks.
The decor of the restaurant was, for lack of a more appropriate description, "cosmopolitan elegance." You know, dark leather, dark wood, bank vibes.
Service was excellent. The staff came around many times to ensure everything was okay. I guess being a family of two stood out among the rest of the customers who were business people.
Hawksmoor Spitalfields is not cheap by any standard. I get the feeling that if you have a company account then that would be okay. If you don't, then be prepared for prices that you may be uncomfortable with. There are probably better steakhouses in London and far less pricey.

1 Thank Chattan_k
“Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was taken here last night by LadyH for birthday dinner. It was informal, quality London at its best. The customers a mix of Shorditch trendies, City types and up-market out of towners.

From the bloody Mary at the bar right through to the tokaji and then coffee all the staff were fantastic and the standard of food exceptional.

Of course you go here for the steak. Lots of choice and our very knowledgeable pig-tailed Irish waitress explained it all and was able to have the steak cooked exactly as we like it. Great house carmenere to go with it too. Also somehow the restaurant is airy yet intimate and the background music at the right volume to stay in the background.

Will certainly be returning