“Great steak, because I'm worth it!”

Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Ranked #245 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Transit: Shoreditch Overground Station, Liverpool Street Underground Station
Description: This Spitalfields steakhouse has wooed much of London since opening in 2006; word-of-blog has only served to create an even bigger buzz around the restaurant and its food. A case of the emperor's new clothes? We think no.' Time Out Spitalfields was our first restaurant, and the general view is that it is where the 'Hawksmoor spirit' is best embodied - many of the staff have worked there for years and would never consider elsewhere. Great steaks, great drinks and an amazing atmosphere, full of people who desperately care whether you enjoy your evening. We are located just down the road from our namesake Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christ Church Spitalfields and 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Street, Old Street and Aldgate stations. It can accommodate 115 people for exclusive hire and the back section of the restaurant is ideal for groups of up to 55. The restaurant can be hired exclusively for a meat-fuelled party, corporate function and wedding receptions. For information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
“Great steak, because I'm worth it!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes the prices are on the high side, but I should say this is probably some of the best steak you can get in London and worth every penny. The marrowbone and onion starter was top notch and my sirloin on the bone with triple cooked chips and anchovy hollandaise was out of this world.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great Steak....probably best in London”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In London you pay for what you get, if you are not from London, then you may be shocked at the prices....get over it !!

If you are expecting a cheap meal, this is not the place for you.

If you are expecting, good service, great food, knowledge on meat and great wine, then come here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We tend to visit Hawksmoor about once a month, each time we see what is avaiable on the blackboards and order our steak accordingly.

The sizes range from 250 grams up to 1.5 kg in different cuts. If you are looking for a certain cut (as I have in the past) then email Hawksmoor and they can arrange this for you with a few days notice.

Last time I ordered a 350 gram cut and they gave me a 400 gram for the same price.

What more can you say?

Drinks are excellent with something for everyone's budget, if you are unsure, ask the staff who's knowledge on this subject is very good.

Hawksmoor should be viewed as a special place for that special evening.

Glasgow, Scotland
“Best steak, possibly best meal ever”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in London for a trip with my boyfriend, I wanted to take him out for a nice meal, and he loves a steak so I set about finding somewhere to go. The Hawksmoor Spitalfields was highly recommended on a forum that I frequent, and the reviews on here backed it up, so I booked us in through top table for Friday evening.

We arrived very soggy as the weather was horrendous but we had a warm welcome, our jackets were taken and we were quickly shown to our table. The staff quickly sorted out us with menus, bottled water and drinks lists. The waiter explained the menu to us as first timers and was great at making sure we knew what we needed to know. Orders for drinks were quickly fulfilled and we were well looked after. We each ordered a steak and three sides between us as we were starving (having kept ourselves hungry for the occasion).

The food was absolutely amazing. The steaks were cooked to perfection, a good size, and just excellent. The sides (chips, mash n gravy, mac cheese) were all high quality and complemented the steaks perfectly. We both cleared every plate and dish and were really really impressed. We had no room for proper dessert but I had been advised to try the Salted Caramel Rolos which I took my time over. They were also delicious and a lovely end to the meal.

I am really sad that I live so far away and can't visit regularly, as this place puts the steakhouses in Glasgow to shame! We had an amazing meal, certainly the best ever steaks, but possibly the best meal either of us had ever had. It was expensive but very worth it for the quality and I will be back the next time I am in London.

1 Thank LadyCleopatra
“All round excellent”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went for a birthday do - couldn't have expected better, and it certainly lived up to our expectations! Service without fault, and they even made us a special birthday dessert. Excellent.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Simply superb steak”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The prime rib, 850 grams for the two of us, was simply superb steak -- yes, it's expensive, but worth it for a special occasion, as this was. We also liked the bone marrow and potted beef starters very much indeed. They're not for the faint-hearted, however, the potted beef came with two large Yorkshire puddings and onion gravy and the bone marrow was a very chunky portion. So, after all that (plus the triple cooked chips and the buttered greens) we didn't have enough room for dessert but couldn't resist the siren call of the salted caramel Rolos and said we would share a portion. Our waiter said they came up as a threesome and my husband joked that we didn't want to argue on our anniversary, so we were given four, which arrived on a plate with Happy Anniversay piped around it in chocolate. And they were just divine, so glad we didn't have to fight over the third one! Great cocktails too. The atmosphere is buzzy and the staff and friendly and helpful.