“Still as good as ever”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Standing on Old Park Lane since June 14th 1971, this is the one that started it all. Offering warm service and ubiquitous Rock 'n' Roll music from the beginning - Hard Rock Cafe London became an instant classic. Still housing the first ever piece of memorabilia donated to the Hard Rock Cafe, Eric Clapton's Lead II Fender, originally donated to reserve a space at the busy bar, the London Cafe is as charming and authentic now as it was 44 years ago. The Cafe is also as famous as ever around town for attracting the best rock stars down for a legendary meal and the occasional "jamming session". Come see time fly and lose yourself in our extensive memorabilia collection, enjoy the unusual and eclectic setting for an Away Day meeting or hire the entire venue for an experience and party that truly rocks!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

First time at Hard Rock for many years, but deliberately went mid afternoon to try to avoid long queues. Still, the place was full but we waited only about ten minutes after being advised of a table "within half an hour". It is the atmosphere which makes this place, and we were also given very good cheerful service by the staff. Big portions of food at prices you'd expect - maybe the burger was a little lacking in flavour, but otherwise an enjoyable and nostalgic visit.

Kate C, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe London, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

welcome back!! SO glad you came back to see us, our staff really make the experience don't they! Thanks for your comments on the Burger, this has been passed to the kitchen.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary at Hard Rock as we went to the one in Bareclona on our honeymoon. What a difference and disappointment. We waited for an hour and 45 mins to be seated, our waiter was not friendly whatsoever, and we had to wait for over an hour for our food to arrive. My husband had the steak (tasty) but the mash was awful. I ordered fajitas and noticed a black hair in my food (I am blonde so no way it was mine).
As the waiter came over to clear the table, I tried to be as discreet as possible so as to not put the other customers off. I told him I found a hair and didn't even touch the food. He then proceeded to tell me that I should have informed him earlier so he could have put another order through. Why on earth would I want to eat something that I previously found a hair in and also took over an hour to arrive? No thanks!
When the bill arrived, the untouched fajitas were also billed to us.
Terrible experience and completely ruined the fond memory of our visit to the one in Barecelona.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this reeview, i'm so sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us. We pride ourself on keeping loyal customers throughout the brand - i am glad to hear that the team in Barcelona inspired you to come visit us, however so sorry that your experience wiht us didnt match up!

Thank you for bringing my attention to your issues, i'm going to drop you a priave message to make sure we get tot he bottom of this!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Overcrowded, no tasbles available, short staffed, kitchen collapsing under pressure and the quality/price combination of the food was unacceptable. How can we Brits get it all so wrong?

If you really need to find a good one, it is worth paying for a flight to visit a Hard Rock anywhere else! Try Berlin, Frisco, even LA!

Thanks for your review -im so disappointed to hear you didnt have the best time with us, this is not our usual standard of service.

We are a small cafe, the first ever Hard Rock in the world in fact - so we are alwasy bustling and full of high energy.

I'd love to hear more about your experience, so ill drop you a private message and we can discuss further.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Overpriced, terrible tasteless cheaply purchased food with overpriced drinks and an hour and a half waiting time for the privilege. Trading on reputation. Avoid.

Thank you for your review - we value all feedback. Im so sorry you didnt have a great experience with us, I';d love to hear more abbout this so we can identify what issues you had, i'll send you a private message now.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The food seems to have improved here over the last year or so.

The atmosphere is always loud, busy and full of tourists but it is the hard rock. But it is always great fun!

Portions are generous. As mentioned, food has improved. Ok, maybe not the best burger or nachos in London but as someone who lives in London it is a guilty pleasure. Lighten up and enjoy.

1  Thank nfwim

Great to see your revie, sounds like you are a true Hard Rock Fan :) Yes we are always striving to keep a high level of food and service, there are so many other Burger joints in London but what we have is a buzzing atmosphere in a venue steeped in history. Cant wait to see you again next time you come in!