“Great Place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: Tube: Old Street, Liverpool Street
Description: With a great looking venue and fantastic Pan-Asian food, the Great Eastern Dining Room has staked a worthy claim in fashionable Shoreditch. This lively space is decked out in a modern, minimalist style with dramatic lighting and lots of comfortable funiture. Whats cooking? Loads of Asian favourites such as dim sum, sushi and tempura to Thai favourites.
Reviewed June 14, 2012

What a great Gem of East London. We came to London for a visit, this place was highly recommended by a friend living in London. My self, husband and the family enjoyed a delicious Lunch, we highly recommend the duck,watermelon and cashew salad, out of this world! There was a menu packed full of great things, was so hard to choose.
Great place for Teenage kids wanting to go to a more fine pan Asian than your average. Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic cocktail were very tasty and the staff was lovely and very efficient, each course arrived in perfect timing. We also loved the dessert options and are looking forward to visit again when we come to London to see the Olympics in July.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

What a nice piece of restaurant. First of all the atmosphere inside. Very causy, extremely clean, well dressed waiters and waitresses. The service, despite the fact that the restaurant was full, was perfect and rapid. The waiters were very gentle, smiling an curtous at all times. The food in itself showed a reduced variety of courses, however the quality as well as the quantity was sufficient for "good" customers. Without being too expensive, this is not a cheap restaurant, however the ratio quality/price is very acceptable.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

With a group from Russian and Kazakhstan we were keen to enjoy some relaxed eating.

This was the perfect place, great food!! perfect after a formal dinner the night previous.
The staff were fun and engaging.

We had a great time and was one of the highlights of our foreign guests.
Great location too. We headed to Hoxton Square for drinks later on.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went here with friends for her hen party. Things wasn't going right when we arrived. I believe that probably due to miscommunication between two sides. After Talked to the manager,She try to make up with it by giving us one bottle of free drink and was trying her best to accommodate us. Waiter who help us is excellent. Recommend this restaurant. ( I did wait for about 50 mins before she came and talk to me though, However after I get to talk to her , she is very helpful. Tips: Arrive early if you are holding an event with them.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

This review is for the restaurant Great Eastern Dining Room, not the bar. I recently ate at this restaurant with 8 other people to celebrate my birthday and we had a fantastic meal. We had a banquet-style menu of shared dishes at a fixed price per person. This was a great way to try lots of different menu items and everything we had was delicious. I think my favorite appetizers were the chicken lettuce wraps (chicken san choi bau) and the chilli salt squid. My favorite main dishes were the pad thai and the chicken, aubergine & lychee green curry. The asian greens were also excellent. We had tons of food and the cost was quite reasonable. There were also so reasonably priced wines on the wine list.

The restaurant was also happy to customize the set menu per my request, which was much appreciated. And they were very accommodating of last minute changes to my party. Overall, the food was terrific and the ambiance and decor were great. I will definitely eat here again.