“Posh but welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
London, United Kingdom
“Posh but welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Of course we had high expectations of the food and service, and we were not disappointed. However we didn't know how stuffy it might be, yes it was posh and formal, but not stuffy, and all the staff made us very welcome, especially the maître'd.
We had the set lunch for 4, at £55, and overall it was just over £400. We had 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of water, and coffees, so not cheap, but good value for such a wonderful time.
Quail, Ceps, and Salmon tartlet the for starters, the Salmon was a standout dish, the rest were only great! Pork 3 ways, Rabbit and Skate, for mains, all excellent and so beautifully presented. The desserts were just as good, and the strawberry dessert was amazing. Some amuse bouche, etc. was much appreciated.
So overall, a wonderful experience, and worth pushing the boat out for.

• Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Woah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I want to start this review by saying that I had to wait ages for a booking but when I finally got one, I let them know that if possible, I would like to move my booking to an earlier slot as we were going for dinner for my girlfriends birthday. (my initial booking was for 10:15)

I got rung up at 7.00 and was told that they now had a slot at 8.45 if we would like it so I said yes.

Now, the actual restaurant. I was shocked. We were in the taxi and I knew roughly where it is but still drove straight past it as it is so small, because of this we were slightly further away than we expected (100 yrds etc) however, there was still a man there to open our doors and take us through to the restaurant.

I went for the 7 course prestige menu while my girlfriend went for the 3 course menu. Everything was just so slick and perfect, I couldn't believe it. From the first greeting through to them booking us a taxi home, you can really see why they have 15-20 FOH staff.

I was also surprised at how laid back some of the staff were. Obviously, they kept things professional but by having the odd joke with you it made things a lot more relaxed. So much so, I removed my tie (it lasted about 10 seconds on the table before someone took it away)

All in all, a really brilliant night and a great way to spend nearly 4 hours :)

Will definitely return!

Would definitely recommend this.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark L
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Had the set lunch menu at £55 per person for three courses plus a few surprises. Well worth every penny, the service was attentive without being intrusive and the food was some of the best I have ever eaten. Plus aperitif, coffees and water the bill came to approx £210 which included service but we left extra as my partner and I both felt that 12.5% wasn't enough for the level of attention we received. Just wonderful. I hope to come back very soon, if I can get a reservation!

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Laura N
“Lunch 18th August”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Booked lunch for three back in November, long wait with high expectations, but not disappointed. The entrance hall is quite severe in black marble, but the small dining room is intimate and warm without being too noisy. All the staff are there to serve you and you are in no doubt that it is their pleasure to serve. Complex dining options are well explained, we chose the menu prestige seven course meal, and selected courses from across the menus. All the courses were exceptional, both in taste and particularly in presentation. The ras el hanout infused broth with my halibut was extraordinary. The gap between 2 and 3 star is not always clear, but this meal bridged it with ease.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here recently. Everything was exceptional. I had the set lunch and my husband had the a la carte. Aside from the food, the most exceptional thing was the staff and their service. We felt at ease and they did everything they could without being overbearing. A real treat.

Visited July 2014