“Please can I eat every meal here forever?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Please can I eat every meal here forever?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I went here for my 40th birthday on a Monday lunch time.

The service is excellent. The staff anticipate your every need without being intrusive. The food is amazing and the ambience is relaxed and welcoming.

We had the £55 per head lunch menu although I could have eaten every single dish on the menu. One of the £55 mains was skate which is my favourite fish so it had to be that choice; in fact, we all had the skate. It was delicious.

The amuse bouche was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten - mini salad vegetables with a tomato consomme.

This is a great place to come for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Three Michelin Stars!!! Really!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had the Prestige menu at the restaurant, which is supposed to showcase all the signature courses!!! To be fair the menu was good, BUT certainly not three michelin stars standard, it was unimaginative and one of the courses was so salty that it was hard to taste anything else! And to add insult to injury, when I mentioned it to the maitre D his reply was this is a signature dish! and the implication was how dare you criticise a master where flavours are concerned?? Even worse you only really get one course of desert thats nice but nothing special. I probably would not have felt so strongly if I was reviewing a one star restaurant! But three stars really!! I don't think so!

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Lena A
London, United Kingdom
“Fine dining at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The restaurant is located on a quiet residential street in Chelsea. The dining room is a fairly small space, and tables are quite close to one another, but the seats are angled such that you out of direct view of your neighbours.

We both went for the Menu Prestige, which is their signature 7 course tasting menu. I won’t go into the details of each course, but in general they varied from good to great. The famous ravioli dish was probably my favourite out of the savoury courses, and the king crab my least favourite. You have a choice of two options for your main course (lamb or pigeon). We tried one of each, and I would say they were probably both equally good. We asked them to substitute the dessert offered, and instead had the dessert platter (more details on this below).

Service throughout the night was flawless. I felt this was the area where you could really notice the difference from a two-starred restaurant. Everything just worked seamlessly.

Here are some tips for future diners:

1) You can make a booking more than three months in advance. I called up in February and was told it was already full for the date I initially wanted (in May). I then made a booking for a Friday night in August, and was only able to get a 9:30pm slot! So make sure you book far enough in advance, especially for a weekend.

2) Dress code – this varied between the male diners. The dress code had stated jackets were preferred, but it didn’t seem strictly enforced. Many of the men were in long pants and a shirt, but no jacket. At the other extreme, a few were in suit and tie.

3) I asked for a wine pairing to accompany the tasting menu. A standard pairing was available, and consisted of four glasses of wine to go with the four savoury courses of the meal. For the three dessert courses, you had to order additionally as desired. The sommelier mentioned the pairing would cost around £80-100, but it actually came out to around £60, which seemed very reasonable for the quality of wines that were offered.

4) As mentioned we substituted the offered dessert with a dessert platter consisting of small portions of all five desserts in the a la carte menu. There was a modest £15 supplement to get this done. The Maitre D warned us that this may be too much food to handle, but we went for it anyway, and I think this was the best decision we made on the night! We easily consumed everything on offer, although I do admit to having a sweet tooth. I think the dessert was the best part of the meal, both in presentation (which was stunning) and flavour.

5) They do have a chef’s table, which is slightly segregated from the main restaurant. You have a special menu on offer there and a lot more interaction from the chefs (as many courses are partially prepared at your table).

6) Our bill came to £450, of which £130 was spent on drinks (only one of us was consuming alcohol). I suppose value for money isn’t really much of a consideration in a 3-starred restaurant, but I do feel the prices were a little bit steep, all things considered.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank ishan23
“Not worth the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Visited this venue with my family & ordered the tasting menu (Prestige at £135 per head),
Have been in many 3 michelin stars venues in & outside the UK this one was at least substandard for 3 michelin stars, food was good but no innovations & definitely no wow factor, the Lobster ravioli for example
(suppose to be their speciality) was very salty !!
Desert was also substandard & done half hearted....
Bad value for money compare to Allan Ducasse & the Fat Duck (both 3 michelin`s stars)
All in all disappointed from this overhyped Restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank haithamalani
Avoca, Australia
“Can I say anything positive that has not been said?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

The food is excellent, the service impeccable, the number of covers good (not too many) the ambiance very pleasant. So, what else? When you are welcomed back (after two years) that could be owing to a good data base, but when the head water remembers where you sat that is impressive.Of course it is diabolically expensive, but then what do you expect for three stars?

• Visited June 2014