“Best restaurant in London”

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
New York City, New York
“Best restaurant in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have eaten here many times over the years and one of our favorite things to do is visit the Chelsea Flower Show in the morning and then walk over for lunch at Gordon Ramsay. The dining room is beautiful, the service is perfect, and the food is the best we've ever had in London, and among the best we've had in the world. The restaurant is fairly small and not at all cramped which means you need to make reservations well in advance. Meals can be about 3 hours long and they're worth every penny!

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Central Florida
“Impeccable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Getting a lunch reservation around Christmas was difficult, but somehow the stars aligned and I got to eat at a place I have wanted to try for years: the flagship restaurant of the Gordon Ramsay empire: Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.

When you've wanted to go some place for a long time, your mind sometimes build things up to more than they could possibly be, so I was a little nervous as my beloved and I arrived for our lunch date. Could Chef Smyth's cooking and front of house team possibly live up to my sky-high expectations? The answer: a resounding yes.

The room itself is rather small, but cozy enough, decked out in pale colors and nicely decorated. It feels light, not stuffy or oppressive, and sets the mood rather well. We found it sedate and pleasant; not oppressively silent, nor too noisy. A+. When we arrived for our lunch, several other guests were just arriving on a rainy and cold day. We rushed in and were shown to our table quickly and efficiently.

We opted for the lunch set menu at 55 pounds per person. To accompany, I decided to just let the sommelier choose some wines by the glass for us. I have to say that our sommelier was one of the high points of the meal (that was full of superlatives already): she was knowledgeable, funny, and charming. She also chose some very interesting wines that really did compliment the meal. Glass prices were steep - I think they were getting close to 20 pounds per glass for one of them - but the selections outstanding. There's no question that the choice of wine added to the meal. Bravo.

The food? Wonderful. A perfectly cooked duck egg hiding inside a ravioli: yum. A potato salad popped with flavors. Flawlessly cooked pork... and simply the finest piece of cod I have ever tasted in my life, period. Without the slightest hint of grease, yet it tasted like the fish itself had grown up swimming in butter. I've eaten things I enjoy many times... but it's rare I eat something that is so simply prepared that blows my perception of the ingredient out of the water. And with cod, such an everyday fish - something I have cooked a thousand times.

Desserts were, of course, memorable, despite the fact that by the time they arrived I was in food nirvana already.

When I popped to the restroom at the end of the meal, I found my partner sitting smiling happily when I got back to the table. When I quizzed her about her happiness, she told me that Jean Claude (the fantastic Maitre d...) had been chatting with her while I was away, and had offered to take us to meet the chef, plus had a nice surprise for us at the table. Thus, we received some small ice cream balls in dry ice that were lovely, and a good cup of espresso, plus petit fours. And, as promised, he took us back to the kitchen, where we got to thank Clare ourselves.

What the team recognized is that when you're paying this kind of money (the final bill was painful - I tried not to look at the number but just sign - but worth it) you are buying an experience, not just a meal, and that's just what we got. For my time and money, I have a memory that I can relive and enjoy. That memory includes wonderful and friendly service, and some moments of culinary mastery that I will never forget (I have spent HOURS trying to figure out how to make cod taste like THAT again). My heartfelt thanks to every staff member, each of which was outstanding. One word. Impeccable.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Neutrino_FL
“An amazing end to the Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My girlfriend and me went here for new years eve. We had a set menu with a wine pairing. The service was amazing, fun perfect, but what really set this evening apart was how spot on the wine pairing was. That was simply made in heaven. The staff was very friendly and down to earth. And really did their everything to make this evening perfect.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Håkon P
Manchester
“Stunning food, wonderful service, perfect wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were extremely fortunate to get a booking on new year's eve 2013. It was extravagant but also an unforgettable way to bring in the new year. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive (as you'd expect), the dining area was beautiful and the food was simply perfect. We had a special set menu and choose to pair the wine. The wine pairings were absolutely out of this world, I've personally never experienced it better than that. We both had a wonderful experience in the restaurant and it was pretty easy to get to. I suppose the down side is that it's very expensive.. of course that was to be expected, but me and my partner have been to similar restaurants and they charged slightly less.

• Visited December 2013
Durban, South Africa
“Absolute food theatre at its very best!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to finally get a chance to dine at Gordon Ramsey, but a little apprehensive by some of the negative comments and experiences already recorded on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to report that my experience was everything it should be for the final bill of £350. It was absolute food theatre from beginning to end. My wife and I arrived for our 12.30 lunch appointment and were warmly greeted by front of house staff. From the moment we walked in to when we left 3 hours later, service was exceptional. Maître d' Jean-Claude Breton was excellent, running a professional lunch service team and giving my wife and I an attentive and charming experience. This later led to a personal tour of the kitchen, meeting Chef Clare Smyth and receiving a signed souvenir menu to remember our experience. Head Sommelier, Jan Konetzki was also a pleasure to interact with. I selected the 6 course Menu Prestige, while my wife had the 3 course Lunch Menu. We both agreed later that the Prestige menu at £135 gave you the best exposure to the food delights of Clare Smyth.

Both menus started with an excellent amuse-bouche of chestnut soup, served with cannelloni, mushrooms and quail egg. It was superb and set the scene for what was to come. To me the highlight of the Prestige menu was the Bresse pigeon served with grilled polenta, smoked ventreche, braised shallots and dates. Having recently visited Bresse this was a must for me. The pigeon was served rare and was succulent, very tender with excellent crispy skin. The smoked pork belly also complimented the pigeon superbly. Wow! Close behind was the Ravioli of lobster, langoustine and salmon lightly poached in a bisque and served with caviar and a sorrel velouté. I liked the fact that the seafood was served finely chopped and meaty. The sorrel velouté brought the whole dish together with its rich sour tang. Excellent! I was slightly disappointed with the foie gras, flavours were good but it seemed to lack something. Overall the Menu Prestige was definitely of Michelin 3 star standard.

By contrast the lunch menu at £55 was very good, but little more sedate. However the Confit pork belly, cheek and trotter with carrot purée, liquorice and anise was outstanding.

Despite all the sweet talk of the various sommeliers we chose an affordable Bordeaux at £48 - the 2010 merlot Chateau Bauduc Les Trois Hectares. It was very good and definitely complemented our meals.

TIP - The wine list is exceptionally extensive and prices are expensive so make sure you know what you are doing before paying in excess of £100 a bottle on average. Go online and have a look before you go.

Those were the highlights of our trip to Gordon Ramsey. Expensive as a South African but well worth it.

Visited January 2014