“Top scores for every single component of the meal...!”

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
London, United Kingdom
“Top scores for every single component of the meal...!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have a passion for food and was lucky to have dined at some of the best restaurants of the world incl. El Celler de Can Roca, Noma, Mugaritz and French Laundry . Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is definitely in my Top 5-10 in the world and my favourite restaurant in the UK. I went there with a close friend to celebrate a special occasion. Beautiful dining room, delicious food and impeccable service. We chose the Prestige Tasting Menu which was a real delight.
I'm looking forward to going back as soon as I manage to book myself in again! If only a reservation was easier to get!
Many congrats to Clare Smyth!

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“40th to remember”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

There is not much point me going into tiny detail about all the courses we ate and enjoyed as there are many dinners that have done all of that hard work already. What i will say is that this was my second visit, the first being in 2001 and it has just got better.

Going to Gordon Ramsay`s was a real treat and we had been looking forward to it for months. Of course the food was impeccable, we had the menu prestige. Be aware that the host of the table has the menu with the prices, everyone else on the table has no stated prices on their menus. The course that got the cap tip from me was the lemonade parfait, I am a strict chocolate lover and I often opt out of a pud if it is not available. I was won over, and now the lemonade parfait has taken pole position. One of our male companions loves his food, this made it easier to request the bread basket three times during the meal, needless to say I felt like King Henry Vlll.

It was the service that blew me away, I could see for some people it may be a little over whelming, but I have dreams of grandeur and believe in my past life I was most probably a Prince at the very least, so I was more than comfortable with what we received. I found all the staff to be so charming especially the female sommelier, I absolutely loved it.

The dining experience lasted 4 hours, I would love to go back in the future.

Thanks for a great experience.

1 Thank Kingcorey
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

What a change to visit a restaurant with both great service and impeccable food. Definitely worth a visit

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

One of the best restaurants! Well done Gordon!!!! Loved it! The service however needs a little bit fixing however by far a great evening with friends, we all loved the food! The Desserts were out of this world!

• Visited August 2013
Bangkok
“Perfection”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What is there to say when you dine at one of the most lauded restaurants in London? It was a memorable experience. Not just a great dining experience, but a memorable experience in any sense.
Oftentimes, you go to a fine dining restaurant with a global reputation like this and you get intimidated. I did not feel that from the moment I walked into the unassuming restaurant. The location is on quiet Royal Hospital Road. Even at 6 p.m., the area was nearly deserted, with only a few shops open and shuttered, dark alleys and houses all along it. If you drive or walk quickly, you would simply go past Restaurant Gordon Ramsay without realizing it. It has a simple brown door entrance with a window and a barely noticeable sign bearing the owner's signature. This must be some sort of mental trickery to enhance the wow factor once you go inside.
The interior is like a large dining room in a mansion. Tables are set close together. The setting is a simple white table cloth and elegant silverware. The decor is not entirely outstanding but evokes more of a homely feel.
What I found to be truly remarkable here is the ration of service staff to the customers. There were many people on hand to cater to your needs. There seemed to be one person for each particular task - water, bread, sauce, etc. This was entirely unexpected for me for such a compact dining area. Their movement must have been well rehearsed as they shuffle from the kitchen to the dining room in smooth, fluid glides that did not disturb the lively conversation in the room. Everyone had a smile and was ready to offer suggestions.
My starter was the Sautéed foie gras with roasted veal sweetbreads, carrots, almonds and Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar. This was divine. Many places try to put foie gras on their menus, but the accompanying sauce more often than not lessens its impact. I thought the Cab Sav vinegar (!) greatly enhanced its flavor.
My main was the pasta with white truffle. I had never had fresh truffle shaved right onto my plate before, so that was a fascinating experience in itself. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the truffle gave it a uniquely pleasant aroma.
For dessert it was Caramelised tarte Tatin of apples with Tahitian vanilla ice cream. Again, another first for me to try the Tahitian vanilla ice cream. Smooth, creamy and totally addictive, it went well with the apples. Two things from different sides of the globe that paired together seamlessly.
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not a cheap place by any stretch of the imagination, and I did not expect it to be. You go there only for truly special occasions. For me, it was a rare dinner with my son and his friend. It was a wonderful evening in all respects.

• Visited November 2013