“I really wanted to rate this 5 stars but just couldn't.”

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
“I really wanted to rate this 5 stars but just couldn't.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Having dined at many Michelin star restaurants over the years, and being a fan of Gordon Ramsey, I was so excited to dine here.

No doubt about it, the food is good. But I expected it to be great and overwhelmingly good like the other Michelin star establishments I had been to. Some courses were great, others were average to good. But none really stood out as outstanding.

The service, however, was outstanding. One of the best experiences I've had in years at a restaurant.

All in all, do I think Gordon Ramsey's restaurant is deserving of a Michelin star rating? 100% yes. But do I think it's deserving of a 3 star rating? I would say 2 is more appropriate.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I had the most rememberable meal that my son had arrange as a Father's Day treat. All you need to know is we didn't stop smiling from start to the finish. Everybody looked after us and they are all part of a team that know how to service you and the food was brilliant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Clive E
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Brilliant food, service and atmosphere, waiters very friendly and helpful and not stuffy. Recomend on a trip to London.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A fabulous experience!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Ramseys for a very special occasion which was how we justified the cost, once you've added the wine, coffees and service to the food it's not a cheap dinner at all. But this was our first ever experience at a Michelin rated restaurant and it was totally worth it for the fantastic foodie experience! The staff were excellent, getting the right balance between being attentive and descriptive but not intrusive on our evening. Every course was fantastic, just full of great flavors, artistically presented, and with a little drama added. Overall, yes this is pricey but it's absolutely worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chelseaboyz
Hull
“Good but did it WOW me? Find out...”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Right. I'll be honest. You ready? OK, let's get to it:

Was the food good?

YES. Of COURSE it was! It was EXCELLENT. No, scratch that, it was GOOD. Am I complaining about the bill? No. Am I complaining about the food? No. Am I complaining about the service? Definitely not, it was almost overbearingly brilliant (seriously these manz need to calm down tho. All up in my bidniss).

What I AM complaining about is the fact Rammo wasn't there behind the kitchen doors himself. I think if your name is on the door then you should be doin da biz in the kitchen. Two words: SELL OUT. The maitra-DEE kindly offered me a tour of the kitchen which I OF COURSE accepted, I simply couldn't wait to be abused by the famous chef. I thought I was going to be called a this and that as soon as I stepped foot in the kitchen... Nope! Instead a lovely and polite female chef greeted us graciously even though she was busy she still gave us the time of day.

In any other restaurant I would have been thrilled, but this is a Gordan Romsay restaurant!

7/10. Might return.

(P.S. the caviar was undercooked).

• Visited January 2013