“Lunch for two on Wednesday”

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
“Lunch for two on Wednesday”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch today. This is still the best Resturant in London. The service is wonderful with all staff performing to the very highest standard. Today's lunch was superb. Just enjoy this great Resturant which has just reopened after a complete revamp. This is the big must if you are visiting London.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
JoffandSarah
“I have sacrificed my waistline in search of the best food and this is it!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The first time i ate at this restaurant, was before Mr Ramsay's appearance on the television. In those days it was called Tante Claire and Pierre Koffman was the chef, and jolly good he was too.

I had eaten at Aubergine where Ramsay was installed, and was mightily impressed, however at around the time he moved to RHR, I was rather put off him by all the hooha regarding his swearing and rudeness.

Eventually though, i tried the Royal Hospital Road restaurant, and was quite simply stunned by every element of the extraordinary experience. From that day to this, i have tried to make a point of eating there whenever i am in London, and i am happy to say the thrill is not gone.

I have had the good fortune of eating in most of the top rated restaurants in the world, and if Mr Ramsay's RHR restaurant is not the best, then it is neck and neck with a couple others, however for me it is number one, due to quite simply everything about the place, from front of house to the mignardises.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank JoffandSarah
London, United Kingdom
“Foodie heaven”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was taken here as a birthday surprise - food was impeccable - really outstanding, I dont think ive ever eaten such incredible food. We did the tasting menu and i was blown away. The staff were very knowledgable and incredibly nice. Someone commented below that it's a must visit once in a lifetime- i agree.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Jess M
London
“Forget about Gordon, this is all about the food...”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been meaning to review this for a while now. I went some time ago for a client lunch and we had the set menu. The setting is intimate which is a large part of the appeal, you know you aren't receiving some 'conveyor belt' type of food and service. We opted for the tasting menu which was excellent, the courses more than a a few mouthfuls but not so large that you were struggling to finish at the end. The cheese trolley was like nothing else I have seen. The service was spot on, attentive without being overbearing. The wines we selected were in my opinion not overpriced for what you got and the sommelier was first class in assisting us in choosing. I think this is up there with Fat Duck and Pied a Terre in terms of best meals I have ever had. A must visit and well worthy of the Three Stars. Just a shame Gordon doesn't do himself any favours in the papers!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Bonviveur23
Ware, United Kingdom
“Sublime...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to be taken here as a surprise for my birthday in November and it was out of this world! I have eaten at Alain Ducasse and Guy Savoy previously but neither came close to overall experience of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. We opted for the Tasting Menu and were not dissapointed, our favourite was the signature Lobster Ravioli, absolutely delicious, all I can say is there wasn't enough :). Also the dessert was a thing of beauty, a work of art as well as being extremely tasty! Also credit to the staff, the young Maitre d was excellent, I wish I could remember his name but he was a real character and very good at what he does.

Towards the end of the evening they discretely brought out a little desert with a candle for my birthday day and left us to it, expecting nothing more we took a photo and didn't want to make any fuss, well the table of well watered Russians in the corner felt differently and decided to break out into the 'Happy Birthday' song and everybody joined in, we thought this was hilarious and was not expecting this at all in a 3 star joint. Overall we had a wonderful evening and hopefully will be able to return in the future for another special occasion. Top marks.

• Visited November 2012