“Small uninteresting menu but well cooked ”

L'Amorosa Restaurant
Ranked #1,373 of 28,473 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: At L’Amorosa we offer informal, modern Italian cooking and service, using a combination of the best British and Italian seasonal ingredients. Accompanied by an outstanding all-Italian wine list.We have received a Michelin Bib Gourmand (recognising the quality of the cooking and value for money)and we are listed in the michelin guide 2016,2017,2018,2019.
Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is quite small and pleasantly decorated. The lady on front of staff was enthusiastic and pleasant. The food was well cooked and nicely presented. But the problem is that the choice of what to eat is so dull.
On the website it gave a more interesting selection but don’t be fooled.
It feels as if the chef can’t be bothered to extend himself.
The other issue is the booking arrangement. It looks when you book - and this seems to have to be on line - that it is full and with limited spaces but actually it was half empty.
I don’t think it deserves the very good write ups.
So overall disappointing.

Date of visit: July 2019
Management278, Guest Relations Manager at L'Amorosa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2019

Thanks for giving us your feedback
We are glad that you enjoyed the food.
We are sorry to hear that you were a little bit disappointed with the current menu.
On the website is just a sample menu and the reason for this is that we constantly change the menu and specials accordingly to what the season offer.
With regards to the booking system we will be interested to find out which day did you booked to figured out what the issue was.
We can anticipate that recently we have experienced many issues with no shows and last minute cancellation and this might be affected the time of your booking.
Moreover there are several ways to book a table with us ant that is clearly explained on the website.
If you can contact us directly this would help us
Our email address is info@lamorosa.co.uk
We are looking forward to hearing from you
Regards

Write a reviewReviews (167)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

We had walked past this restaurant many time on our way to Chiswick and always promised ourselves that we would try it one day.
We did eventually go with some close friends for dinner and were not disappointed. Food and service all of high quality and fair pricing for London. The restaurant is relatively small but has a nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2019

I've now been here twice in the space of 4 weeks and have had a wonderful dinner on both occasions. As a sucker for burrata in all forms the first time was classic creamy burrata simply served with fresh tomatoes, followed by a heavenly burrata stuffed tortellini with lobster. The charcoal gnocchi my companion had were deliciously light - just perfect.

My second visit I had to try something different, even thought the call of more burrata was seriously strong, so I went with the bresaola. Simply served with soft goat's cheese and rocket, it was a perfect start to the meal. This was followed by a rich and comforting ox cheek agnolotti, which was just perfect for a wet June evening.

I think this place is a wonderful find; Andy Needham is clearly totally passionate about what he does and it really shows, whilst the staff are completely charming and very knowledgable - I plan on coming back again and again.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019

We went to this place following raving reviews that we found on the net as we were fancying eating in a good Italian. I have to say the food is simply not good enough: it actually borderlines sheer mediocrity. The starter was burrata on top of some sort of aubergine caponata. The burrata was cold, like literally just taken out of the fridge. I’m not asking for super fresh produce but this detail just wiped out any pleasure one can take from the cheese. Burrata and this kind of fresh cheeses must be served at room temp. The caponata was very acidic and frankly not very fresh. Instead of looking alive, colourful, and full of joy it looked like a still-life paint found in a dusty attic.

Then we followed with a pasta dish. Specifically pappardelle with welsh lamb shoulder. Again the ragu was a bit too acidic, the pasta not very fresh (even though it was fresh pasta). Not very enjoyable if I’m honest. To add insult to injury, the menu is very limited which often is a reflection of passion and good quality but certainly not this time. A pity really because the place is rather pleasant and the service very attentive and professional. Let alone the prices which are on the lower end, but given the quality of the food, I wouldn’t yet say that it’s good value for money.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Gabs_Garcia
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food, not too rushed. Perfect Italian cuisine without masking all the flavours with a mountain of parmesan (I was a sceptic as I love cheese but the flavours were too good to need any!)
Amazing - we will come back for every big meal.

Date of visit: April 2019