“Not with kids”

Giraffe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I know, everyone says Giraffe is such a child friendly place, but I don't get it. I mean, fine you can draw while waiting for the food. And you have a booth, so you have enough space to fit everyone. But we had to wait in a very long queue at the entrance, the service was slow , and the most important thing in a restaurant is the food right? And their food, while nice enough for us grownups (even though it was low on the vegetarian options), was totally un-child-friendly. It took ages to find something both kids would eat, and in the end they really didn't like it.
It was a lot of money for very little in return.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Was traveling by myself for business, sat at the bar, decent affordable wine by the glass and great waitstaff

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here after a London Wonderground show. Arrived at about 10.30 pm, but they were still happy to serve us as the kitchen closed at 11.00 pm. Really nice food with extra friendly service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went with some friends on the Bank holiday Monday. The South Bank was heaving! We decided to try the Giraffe and only waited 15 minutes to be seated outside. The service was very good and efficient.
Two of us enjoyed the Giraffe burgers in a edible bun roll ! The Swedish cider was good (500 m bottle) - two glasses. It is a buzzing place with lots of atmosphere.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Every once in a while I visit London, as I used to lived there and still have friends there. Was looking for a nice place for a dinner with my friend and we were passing all the restaurants by the river Thames on the Waterloo station. Decided to try Giraffe. It was a very busy evening, they were packed but still we were seated in 2 minutes. Staff was very friendly, we got some advices as we aked for them. The food was incredible!! My friend ordered schnizel with mash and veg and I was having noodles with veg and curry sauce. Very very pleased!! The atmosphere was buzzin, but still we were able to talk to each other, no shouting. And we had a great laugh! Going to London again in 2 weeks and we already know, we are going there for a dinner again!! cant wait! :)