“Giraffe on Gatwick”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Giraffe - CLOSED

Giraffe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubrovnik, Cro
“Giraffe on Gatwick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Tasty and imaginative food. fresh lemonade and extremly friendly staff. Great break before, after or between flights.

Visited November 2012

Spain
“Am I the only person who doesn't get this place?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We went to the Giraffe (Waterloo) last night as there's something for everyone. The prices are impressive, the rest is not. It's quite cramped and the people sat by the door had coats on as the door was constantly opening and closing. No one was maintaining the toilets that I saw. The outside patio heaters give off about as much heat as a cigarette (it was freezing last night). The food was ok, not offensive but its not left any impression on me. The problem with cheap and cheerful is you have to get it right. This place doesn't. Surly, miserable, rushed off their feet staff. Our food was served with no sauces we had to ask, the wrong wine was brought to the table. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Aarhus, Denmark
“Cheap and good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Amazing. We were really happy - try the salad with chicken and prawn. And the burgers there are nice to. You get a lot for the price.

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Found this great restaurant when I visited London in 2010 and went back again and it was just as good this time. The food is wonderful with a very good variety and interesting presentation. They have fresh juices that are delicious. The service was great and back in 2010 we had small children with us and they were very well catered for. Love the location, close to the London Eye. I would eat there again when I am in London.

• Visited October 2012
Toulouse, France
“Great service but not great food and didn't see the attraction for kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Giraffe was recommended to me as I was travelling with a 2.5 year old and a 6 year old as being 'a great restaurant for children'. They did give them a few crayons and an activity sheet, but that was all and any restaurant can do that. Their children's menu we found pretty average and not much other than chips was eaten, I ordered a noodle dish which was very poor with uncooked, hard, cold noodles. So I would not recommend the food. However, the service was excellent, everything was delivered with speed even when the restaurant started to fill up and all the staff were very friendly and nothing appeared too much of a problem. Location in great overlooking the Thames and so close to the London Aquarium and The London Eye, there is also a children's play park (outdoor) by The London Eye which is only a couple of minutes walk. Great location, great service, a real shame the quality and choice of food was poor if they could up their game there and think of other ways to entertain children (we have a wide range from 2 - 9 years with us and they were all offered the same thing) it could be an excellent restaurant but at the moment I just didn't think so.

• Visited October 2012