“Good value lunch”

Giraffe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Very affordable good lunch. Ladies loved the smoothies and I the White Shield IPA and the lunch hamburger. Fresh good salad as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited the Giraffe restaurant just minutes from Victoria Station. We had a quick lunch which was very nice and quite reasonable.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I loved the service, the food, but most of all the cocktails, and my fellow diners were just as happy

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food, particularly their burgers, are good. However, the Islington Giraffe in Essex Road does very good take away cappucino. I prefer the regular size, take away as the balance of coffee and milk is good and rounded. With so many coffee places in the Upper Street / Essex Road area, I think this is the most reliably good one. Tinderbox went downhill and more impersonal since it moved a few years ago - overly strong and bitter coffee. Euphorium is surprisingly awful. The new Giddy Up! on Islington Green is over-priced and coffee has a nutty flavour I don't like. Carluccios have gone to a terrible low - last one I had from them, I had to pour it down the drain! Though the CaffeMobile near Angel station is very good.

So Giraffe is great value for cappucinno, especially before 10.30 am on weekdays when it's an almost give-away price (and you still get a stamp on your loyalty card).

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went for brunch only because we heard it was very child friendly, and we had our 1yo in tow. They lived up to their reputation and made our 1yo so welcome. He loved the crayons and colouring paper, and staff were happy to provide hot water for me to make him a bottle of milk. We had brunch there and the brunch was surprisingly good. I don't know why I expected the food to be substandard just because it is known to be child friendly! Well, child friendly or not, the food was delicious. I had one of the brunch sets and it was very good value for money.