“Marinated fillet steak was excellent”
Review of Gaucho - Hampstead

Gaucho - Hampstead
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho - Hampstead is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,511 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube: Hampstead
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
London, United Kingdom
“Marinated fillet steak was excellent”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here on Saturday night, it was a place I have being wanting to try for some time. The starters were very disappointing, chorizo sausage and the beef.

Two of the party had rump steak; one was considerable better than the other. I had the marinated fillet steak, at just over £43 for the steak I was expecting it to be exceptional and it didn’t disappoint, one of the best steaks I have had in a long time, melted like butter.

The side orders were good, spinach, crushed potatoes and peas with bacon, however the chips were frozen – not really acceptable for the price.

The ambience was okay, far too dark to see the menu, luckily we sort of knew what we wanted in advance from looking at the menu on their website. However, we were unable to read the wine menu so opted for the house red! The music was so repetitive and moody.

Service was fine, nothing remarkable. I would definitely go back again but will need to save before doing so, my chuck of the bill came to just over £90!!

• Visited March 2013

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Truly excellent meat and bread!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

First and foremost, I would go here just for the bread. I will hire whoever it is that makes this bread on a permanent basis to work at my home, because it is sensational! Give me 10-15 plates of this, and I'll be a happy boy!

The starters are ok- but I don't want to dwell on them, they're nothing compared to the breads and the steak.

The steak- oh the steak! We were shown a meat plate of our cut choices, and it had to be the Chateaubriand! So soft, and full of flavour, and cooked to perfection. And the peppercorn sauce and chips were the perfect accompliment. It wasn't cheap at £50 for the meat choice, but I think it was worth it- it is rare to eat something so perfectly cooked and tasty.

This has now became a regular watering hole, and I highly recommend it to anyone that:
a) Loves meat
b) Loves bread
c) Has quite a bit of spare cash to use

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SBhatt87
“Well looked after”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife treated for my 40th birthday lunch, I had the sweetbreads to start and as I couldn't decide I went for the tasting plate as a main course. I was really pleased with the starter but the main dish stole the show.

Staff were great especially the manager who couldn't do enough to make sure it was a memorable occassion.

I can't say I've visited the other steak houses listed in other reviews but can honestly say that mine were cooked to perfection and by far the tastiest and best I have had.

Rome, Italy
“Visit”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Steak is incredible, service incredible- watch out, don't make them stuff you up with the unlimited bread they give you, however nice it is, the steak is another level.

• Visited September 2012
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“It's 90% about service”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Longish review this, so bear with me. Ordered a cocktail and wine, no starter and steak. Wine (red) was a smidge too warm, but they put up with every peccadillo, with a wine bucket, more water etc etc

Ordered a rib eye medium. Came medium rare. Was poking it, and a waiter, who had not dealt with me at all, saw I was poking, took charge and I had a recooked steak, and when that wasn't right, a completely new meal. Now, this is what should happen; how many times does it spontaneously? Loved the service - will go back

Steak tasted great as well. Top quality meat.

1 Thank Larrybacca