“Last minute and worth it”
Review of Fish!

Fish!
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,354 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Fish! Restaurant in the heart of Borough market, does what it says - providing the very best fish available in London to hungry customers. Established in 1999, restaurateur Tony Allan had a vision to transform the old 18th century Pea Shelling Warehouse into a fish restaurant. The airy interior encompasses the open kitchen where diners can watch the chefs at work. The restaurant opens out onto a large terrace, which is open all year and sits in the heart of Borough weekend market, with views of Southwark Cathedral.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We reserved this at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised. Fresh fish done anyway you like. Good selection of side veg. A relaxed and unhurried meal with friends and family. Perfect for after work.

1  Thank Buttons168

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The other day we went for a walk around London Bridge. And why not having a lunch nearby. As i saw the menu - i had to go in. I am huge seafood lover so wanted to try this lovely place. We didn't take a starters, just mains, dessert to share and wine. I chose grilled swordfish and my boyfriend had skate wings. Both fish were grilled reallu good, with a nice veg as a side dish. Nice simple lunch. And sticky toffee pudding was huge - definitely enough for sharing. Service was good as well, we had to wait a bit for our mains, but i guess that's a good thing - as the fish has to be cooked.
Not romantic dinner place. But for Sunday lunch or meet up with friends - perfect.
The price was ok, maybe a bit overpriced - £60 for two.

1  Thank Chanteley
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I visited today, and I am really surprised at previous nit picking reviews. We had excellent, smiling service, and good well cooked food. It's not that cheap, but not expensive for where it is, a busy tourist area. Fun I would think if you are visiting London for the first time. Good family place for children, not at all pretentious. If you just have the basics, a meal with no extras, I think it is fairly priced, but it is quite easy to rack up the bill with the extras. Could not fault the service, different waiters, waitresses, but one walked by, not our waiter, glanced at our table, noticed perhaps we needed more napkins, and just brought them over, obviously cares about his job. We had a great time, thanks to the very tasty food and attention to looking after us. Many thanks to all the staff and management, look around everyone, they work really hard.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

After visiting Borough Market I stopped at Fish! for a quite lunch. I had the cod fish and chips and it was great. They had about 6 choices of fish for the fish and chips. All are made with fresh fish and sustainable.

It was the best fish and chips I've had but I not a frequent eater of this - only had it about 10 times in my life.

When I go back to market next week, I will definitely try this place again, maybe even try the restaurant.

If your by the London Bridge / Borough Market, you should give this a try.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We met some local friends who have been to Fish! before on a tremendously sunny Sunday March afternoon. The restaurant was busy but not hugely crowded. Are booking was for 1pm and we had a wonderfully casual and comfortable setting for a good meal and wonderfull visit with good friends.

Overall my wife and I felt the fish was good but not to die for. Our waiter seemed to try a bit too hard to impress us and came across as overbearing.

Still, the setting by Borough Market was very pleasant - on Sunday everything is quiet and timid compared to the work week when the market is in full tizzy.

A very pleasant meal and setting.