“Excellent fish,excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fish!

Fish!
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,558 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Fish! Restaurant in the heart of Borough market, does what it says - providing the very best fish available in London to hungry customers. Established in 1999, restaurateur Tony Allan had a vision to transform the old 18th century Pea Shelling Warehouse into a fish restaurant. The airy interior encompasses the open kitchen where diners can watch the chefs at work. The restaurant opens out onto a large terrace, which is open all year and sits in the heart of Borough weekend market, with views of Southwark Cathedral.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish,excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The location of Fish! in the centre of Borough Market and next to Southwark Cathedral provides a great atmosphere for a restaurant and on our recent visit for lunch, we could eat outside which was very pleasant. It is 9 months since my last visit,and overall, I thought the food had improved from very good to excellent. My seafood salad starter was delicious,substantial and unusual in that it had scallop, squid, mussels and thankfully not a prawn in sight and the beer battered haddock and chips was an excellent example of fish cooked just right with a light and tasty batter and perfect chips. The cheese platter was substantial with tasty cheese in excellent condition. I think it is expensive overall and house wine at over £20 a bottle if you include the service charge was overpriced. Service was good.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“It's also got a take away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wandering through a closed Borough Market on a Sunday lunchtime we fancied a snack rather than a sit down meal .
FISH KITCHEN is an open unit at the rear of this restaurant . We each had the Mackerel Bap - a battered fillet with tartare sauce . A tasty snack , cooked well and with a perfect batter.
Reasonably priced.

buckinghamshire
“Good fish and chips ( not fantastic ) batter too hard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

It's a good enough restaurant , visited with a friend , we both found the service too patronising , the waiter didn't listen to my order , and got both the food order and the drink order incorrect , then he had the effrontery to be annoyed , a co staff member also noticed his off -putting behaviour and commented .

The meal itself was ok, the fish batter , slightly too hard for both our liking, that said , I would go back , to try the sea bass ,borough market itself is absolutely fab.

London, United Kingdom
“Good but slow.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went on a Tuesday, looked round Southwark cathedral then fancied Fish and chips. FISH was very close so in we went. Waiters were very attentive and if I may say easy on the eye. We were a group of 9. Service was slow but the food was delicious. Not a place for a quick lunch, but as we were at our leisure it was a good meal. Prices a bit toppy . Coffee, main meal, dessert and 1 glass wine was over £30. I live on the coast so London prices were a bit of a suprise. Overall a it didn't spoil our day.

Miami, Florida
“Nah”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fish! is located in the Borough market one of the best food markets in London. We went on a Saturday (few weeks after we moved to London), when the market is the fullest. We were wandering and admiring (and craving) all the food. My husband saw Fish! and that was it, he had to have fish and chips. So we went there. Its walls and celling are made out of glass, so you can still see the market, and enjoy the train that passes by on top of the it.
I ordered a salmon with fries (chips on this side of the pond), and he had his fish and chips. We ordered a Rosé, everything was right and nice. Then the food arrived, salmon had no taste.... fish and chips, well, were fish and chips, the wine was good though, but a little it price for what it is to be honest. And then... the heat, Oh my God the heat. That glass ceiling was not helping at all... it was a very sunny afternoon, and it was SO hot inside. I suffered every minute of it. I wish I had stayed in one of the market's counters and eat standing than being there. I guess lots of people like feeling the heat in a cold country, but I do not. I do not like eating while sweating. So if you are like me, do not go there on a sunny day... and contrary to what many people think, it is not that rarely to have sunny days in London.

• Visited May 2012