“Awesome Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of First Floor Restaurant - CLOSED

First Floor Restaurant
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been going to this place for over 3 years and I just wanted to thank everybody there for making my dinners and evening so enjoyable!

Hope to come and see you all soon and have one of those delicious burgers.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank William M

“What a bad experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

After a rushed welcome (and only happy with us being there once we said we were having a meal and not just drinks...) we were very disappointed with the quality of the food that was served and the way the management dealt with it!
I ordered a burger and it was simply awful. The meat tasted off and when I complained the waitress took my plate to the kitchen. When she came back (without my plate!) all she said is that their burgers were like this and that they had had no issues selling them the whole of the day (but it was only 12:45...) and she left. At no point did she offer me something else nor a discount on the burger. My partner had fish, but really nothing special and half cold!
When I came to pay for the bill, I noticed how dirty the mayonnaise pot was, stored outside, not covered on a dressing buffet and the top of the pot was all dry and disgusting. But then looking around the bar there was an ice bucket that had a sieve over it to hold ice cubes, this latter sieve was covered with dirt! But then the floor was dirty, the bar was sticky.
Then when I was finally presented with the bill, they had charged me the full price for the burger (all I ate were the chips, the small leaf of salad and 1 bite of the rotting meat!) and on top of this 10% service charge!!!
Really, First Floor Restaurant in London, Portobello road, you really can't be proud of how you treat your customers....
I really do not recommend to eat there, but instead use the other 2 other great places which are fabulous and very good value for money! just around, called the Organic Kitchen, or the Electric Diner !!! which are cheaper and a lot lot better and friendlier!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Special meal ruined by poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked First Floor to enjoy a final Sunday lunch with a small group friends before I emigrate from the UK in May. The food was very nice but, although the restaurant was not busy, the service was dreadful (slow, inattentive, completely out of depth and at times rude). Although this was mitigated somewhat by a sincere apology by the manager, and a compensatory bottle of fizz (which was appreciated), disappointingly, the experience left a sour taste. I would not go back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“A little gem in Potabello”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having enjoyed many a cocktail in bar in the Ground Floor Bar we decided to book for lunch at the First Floor Restaurant, we were very impressed with the decor of the restaurant, a lovely high ceiling room, with beautifully set tables, it was both opulant and quirky. A lovely choice of dishes on the menu, and all exceptionally good, as we were a table of six, we tried a fair selection.
The sole waiter was charming and the service impeccable. Highly recomended and we look forward to returning soon.

1 Thank Michael S
london
“All- time favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been coming to the first floor restaurant for 20 years now and am looking forward to spend my birthday there this week once again. Notting Hill has changed so much over the years, but the First Floor restaurant is still authentic, unpretentious, great boho ambience, friendly service and fantastic reasonable food. I love dinner there as much as a weekend brunch overlooking the hustle and bustle of Portobello market.