“solid and unlikely to disappoint” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enoteca Turi

Enoteca Turi
Reserve with OpenTable
Enoteca Turi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,118 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
London, United Kingdom
“solid and unlikely to disappoint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

It's well positioned just south of Putney Bridge in an area of unexpected relative gastronomic sparsity.The service is good, food is good and to an Englishman's taste authentic, ambience very nice, suggested wines well matched and competitively priced. All in all, it's a very competent package but perhaps not wildly original, firmly placed in the upper middle stratum of Italian restaurants in London. Worth crossing the bridge for.

• Visited February 2014

“Average / Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I'd give 3.5 stars if I could... We visited as a couple on Sat 11th Jan. We have eaten here twice before and this time was a special treat celebrating very belated birthdays. On both occasions in the past the food was faultless but we had minor niggles about the service, and unfortunately on this occasion we had more niggles about the service. Firstly, my husband was irked that our table was just pointed at by the waiter that greeted us.... To be fair it was the second table as you came through the door and there wasn't a huge amount of space, but at this price point you come to expect exceptional service and that would certainly include being seated.

After aperitifs we then ordered a glass of white wine to accompany the starters. We then had a really long wait for our starters.... so long that I had consumed most of the wine before the starter arrived. The waiter / maitre'd did eventually apologised for the long wait but my husband felt that he should have also offered to top our glasses up so that we had enough of our chosen wine to accompany the starter.

My starter of squid with pasta and beans was luke warm but I was too hungry by then to complain. It was also fairly bland. My husband didn't rave about his starter but he wouldn't share it either so it can't have been bad!

Mains arrived more promptly as did the bottle of red wine we had ordered. There were several occasions where we had to top up our own wine glasses & generally the service just lacked the finesse that you would expect at this price. I had seabass which was good (but not amazing) and my husband had sirloin of beef. We were disappointed to see that this was accompanied by spinach.... given that we had ordered a side of spinach it might have been helpful if the waiter had recommended an alternative side dish. Deserts of tiramissu and a selection of cheese were good, but again fairly ordinary (but perhaps we should ordered something a little more exotic if we wanted to be blown away).

The wife of the owner was working in the restaurant and was certainly very pleasant. On the whole we just felt that the whole service and dining room lacked someone that appeared fully in charge.... there seemed to be enough staff but nobody that was truly 'owning' the service. Our bill was £177, so pretty pricey, and at that price you are competing with Michelin starred restaurants that wow you with service and those extra touches. On the whole we left feeling a little disappointed having been looking forward to our special treat for several months.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kate B
London
“Well worth a trip to Putney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

For years I read about Enoteca Turi and wondered if it would be good enough to tempt me south of the river. It was. From the moment we stepped in, from a cold and wet December day, to when we staggered out, it was simply perfect.

My wife and I were famished, so we had four courses. My baccala mantecato was superb. It can be a little too creamy and tasteless but this was full of cod flavour. Quite firm and dry but (IMHO) all the better for it. My wife’s squid and beans starter was equally delicious.
To follow her squid, my wife chose the black cavatelli pasta, with mussels and tomato which again, was top quality. Lots of “Yum-yum” noises coming from her side of the table. My crab spaghettini was good but there was far too much sauce dressing the pasta. It turned the thin pasta into a sticky, (but tasty), blob in the centre of the plate.
For the main, my wife had the calves liver which again, was cooked to perfection – better than examples tried in Italy. My braised venison with polenta was tender and full of flavour. Both dishes couldn’t be faulted.
Desserts, as you would expect, also came up to the very high standards set by the other dishes. My chocolate cake with prune ice cream was moist, and not too sweet, which along with my wife’s tiramisu, ended the meal perfectly.

The cost of the four courses was £95, which (IMHO) represented excellent value for money. It wasn’t cheap but I didn’t resent a penny of the cost, such was the quality.

The wine list, as you would expect from a restaurant with the word “enoteca” in its name was extensive and (for London) reasonably priced. A carafe of Falanghina kicked off the meal, followed by a bottle of excellent red from Assisi. Service was superb - the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness.

We will be back…very soon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JandApe
“fabulous Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Finally! A great Italian restaurant in south west London.
Came here for dinner with a group of friends recently. The restaurant is on Putney high street, close to the bridge. Easy to miss, but will definitely remembering its location for next time.
A really great selection of starters, mains and desserts which we all tried between us. The crab spaghetti was one of the best pasta dishes I've had, and the portion was substantial, so much so that I had to get everyone else to help me finish it so that I could leave room for my tiramisu!
A good wine selection at the affordable end made this a fun, filling night out that didn't break the bank!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Naseema C
“love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

truly Italian food, good service and not expensive price. Plus the wine list is shocked! I would love to be so reach and go everyday for a meal at the enoteca, instead of eating my wife food believe me, and every day drinking a new bottle of italian wine.
special thanks to Giuseppe the Owner, is knowledge is truly amazing.
well done