“The worst experience ever”
Review of Dover Street Restaurant - CLOSED

Dover Street Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: This is one of the few places in London which consistently offers a combination of fine cuisine with top live music acts and dancing every night until 3am. The restaurant has recently been refurbished and serves modern French/Mediterranean style food. This is a great place to go if you want a lively atmosphere and entertainment in a West End location. What's cooking? King prawns with lobster sauce, Dover Street gravadlax, toasted goats cheese with Mediterranean roast vegetables, char grilled fillet steak, pot roasted duck with carrot puree, braised parsnips and potato sautee.
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Vile vile vile
Bad food
Bad service
Avoid
That's all I can say

This has been the worst experience. It was a present from my mate and feel SO SO disappointed. The music was great food and service BAD

2  Thank Cameron090877
There are newer reviews for Dover Street Restaurant

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a deal with Travelzoo, the whole thing was better than expected. Food was good particularly the steaks, service was attentive, especially from the Maitre D, only downside was it seemed a bit rushed.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I visited with the Wowcher deal and had a great time. We enjoyed every course we were served and thought the service was excellent. We were in a section with others that had the same voucher, so we had a special menu waiting for us upon arrival and the courses came out quite effeciently. It was a good value for the price. The music was a bit of a letdown, though, as I expected jazz but got a band that played wedding-like songs (think shake your tail feather). We danced for a bit and enjoyed ourselves, though.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went with my husband for our wedding anniversary with a voucher I had purchased. I called the venue 3 weeks in advance and was told all was confirmed. I then called the venue the day before and was told they had no booking under my name. I was not happy about this at all, especially after the woman had taken all the voucher details. I then said could they make me a booking for the following day, yet again details were taken and confirmed. When we arrived at the venue I was really annoyed to find out there was no booking again under my name. I explained that this was not acceptable, the receptionist apologised and said she would happily find us a table. after all the drama with the booking the evening was very nice. The food was of a high quality and the ambience with the jazz band was really nice. Our table location was also great. I would recommend the Dover Street for a special occasion, but would not say that this will be high on my list to visit again in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We were given a voucher for my husband's 60th birthday/retirement so for us our meal and champagne cocktail were "free". Unlike others we absolutely loved the experience.

We went on a Monday evening and much to our relief after booking it was a Swing evening (we aren't jazz fans at all). It was quiet with about 40% of restaurant tables used. Food was a limited menu with a varied choice. Ours was five courses soup, starter, main, dessert and coffee and petit fours. We had different meals and all courses delicious and good sized portions.

Yes most of the dance floor was taken up by the dance lessons and its students but what a friendly class and later I was asked to dance. We commented that the lessons/pupils/instructor made it probably the friendliest place in London.

So if you like to try something very different in a great venue with friendly people just go. Either for dinner or to have dance lessons and make friends.