“Nice night out, excellent food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dover Street Restaurant - CLOSED

Dover Street Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: This is one of the few places in London which consistently offers a combination of fine cuisine with top live music acts and dancing every night until 3am. The restaurant has recently been refurbished and serves modern French/Mediterranean style food. This is a great place to go if you want a lively atmosphere and entertainment in a West End location. What's cooking? King prawns with lobster sauce, Dover Street gravadlax, toasted goats cheese with Mediterranean roast vegetables, char grilled fillet steak, pot roasted duck with carrot puree, braised parsnips and potato sautee.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice night out, excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visited here with my boyfriend on a Thursday evening after purchasing a Groupon deal for £29 each for a 5 course dinner and cocktail.

The service started out rather slow however, it was quite a chilled out nice atmosphere so I was happy to sit there sipping on my cocktail.

The staff were friendly and very attentive, I do always wonder when the reviews on here advise the service was rude and appalling how they have treated the staff to start with. I always find if you are polite and friendly to the waiter/waitress then you get the same treatment back, but maybe I have just been lucky!

The food was absolutely delicious, we both had the soup followed by the asparagus for starters. I had the salmon and my boyfriend had the lamb both which was cooked perfectly and were so tasty. The deserts again were amazing and although I was stuffed from the food I forced myself to finish the desert as it was too nice not to.

The only shame was that we didnt realise the jazz band came on at 11pm and we had to catch our train so had to leave early, so I cant comment on that.

Overall though I would highly recommend Dover Street for a lovely night out, it was a nice treat and will hopefully be going back there in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
“great venue for a party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

we had a dinner for my dads 50th and it was amazing.

the atmosphere was lovely and the restaurant/bar/dance floor were lovely; clean and nicely decorated.

the drinks were lovely!!!

the food wasn't as great as we expected but was more than okay.

the live band were perfect, danced till 1am.

very great place for a party!!!!

wonderful service, dad got a birthday cake with a candle on the house.

go for dinner menu B.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No encore here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

So I'm in London for one night, and my brother in law suggested this place as a way to catch some good jazz. We made a reservation and headed over, but on arrival accidentally walked in the wrong door. I had a brief view of a place that looked halfway between a retirement home and a club when we were set upon by a bouncer who summarily threw us out as we were trying to explain we had a reservation. He deridingly asked if we were just 'hoping to get in,' implying people were clawing at the door of the half empty place. it was only a few minutes later that we saw the other entrance and realized why we were tossed, but by that time we figured our dollars should vote elsewhere.

If we're hoping jazz to survive another generation places like this need to be replaced by ones with some class.

1 Thank Strollingtheplanet
California
“Rude Security and poor service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked a reservation for Saturday night. I arrived on time and found a door with the Jazz bar sign on it. Myself and friend went downstairs and suddenly came the bodyguard asking us with we were part of the band. We said no, we have reservation. He said: "you just think that you are walking around and try to get in?". I said, "No, I have a booking for 10h30". He just were completely rude and said: "come back the way you came in". The worse was that he asked us to leave the promises immediately.
I left it for NEVER come back. I have booked a table to enjoy a nice music and drink some good wine, but we were treated like dogs.

I will never go back to this place even if I got paid for it. I wouldn't recommend it even for my worst enemy.

London, United Kingdom
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

For the price of the food and wine the quality just isn't there. The venue could be lovely with some care, and the band were great, but we found the food mediocre and nothing I couldn't make at home. For an expensive restaurant you expect some flare and creativity and I couldn't see that on the menu. The bathroom looks like the bathroom in my local pub and needs some real renovation, the chairs reminded me of a church hall and even the little details such as what the menu is printed on was a let down. It's not fine dining.

On a positive the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a little wait between courses which went unexplained and unacknowledged but that aside lovely staff.

• 3 of 5 bubbles