“Another fabulous Meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Following 25 glorious years in Chelsea, Chutney Mary has now moved to its new home in St. James's Street. It now features a completely new site of menus to suit every time of the day, mood and taste. Serving contemporary Indian, extensive menu from seafood to grills with a few slow-cooked curries and as interesting variety of breads. Adjacent to the restaurant, is a destination bar with its unique atmosphere serving exotic cocktails, many with botanicals, as well as non-alcoholic drinks such as fresh coconut water in shell and fresh pineapple juice in fruit. The varies drinks list includes craft beers and artisanal gins & malts.
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Second time here this year and another amazing culinary experience! So many flavours that are heavenly on you taste buds. Advice offered on menu choices about what to accompany your meal. Efficient service (although a little too quick to top the wine up). However, having been to a very disappointing and over priced Amya in June, it was great to experience Chutney Mary's indian delights.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent service 5*, excellent food! good veg option and lovely decor! Good for any special occasion going back soon!

1  Thank shahprk
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food here is unbelievable, it is beyond delicious! The place is an upmarket area (Chelsea) and so as you would expect the prices are also quite high, however the food definitely matches the price. I found sometimes the portions to be slightly on the smaller side, however I also do eat quite a lot, although in upmarket places such as this, the portions are usually smaller. I would definitely recommend this place if you want some tasty Indian food and have some money to spend or if its a special night! Parking is also relatively easy to find most of the time, unless you turn up on a day Chelsea FC are playing.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went to Chutney Mary 20 years ago when it just opened and I liked it. It took a long time to go for the second time. I have to say that this is a shame. My husband and I had dinner there recently and it was just great. The best Indian cuisine I had so far. The food comes with a modern twist and is very nicely presented. The service was friendly and swift. I still cannot understand why it took us so long to visit again. This time we will be back as soon as we can.

1  Thank saintgallen
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I used to eat here 15/20 years ago when I lived in London. I had a hankering for Indian and so researched London's top indian restaurants really (and I mean REALLY) well and settled on Chutney Mary as the best given all reviews. WEll, it was the BEST meal I had in my whole 5 weeks holiday (including Paris and Rome!) and I loved it. I am only gutted that it's in London so I can't have it again until ……. It was awesome food!!!! Highly highly highly recommend. Enjoy!