“Amazing”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Following 25 glorious years in Chelsea, Chutney Mary has now moved to its new home in St. James's Street. It now features a completely new site of menus to suit every time of the day, mood and taste. Serving contemporary Indian, extensive menu from seafood to grills with a few slow-cooked curries and as interesting variety of breads. Adjacent to the restaurant, is a destination bar with its unique atmosphere serving exotic cocktails, many with botanicals, as well as non-alcoholic drinks such as fresh coconut water in shell and fresh pineapple juice in fruit. The varies drinks list includes craft beers and artisanal gins & malts.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. The service was excellent from the moment we walked through the door. The waiters were attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu and suggested appropriate dishes to accompany our main course. We had a table in the conversatory which was lovely - lots of greenery and a tree in the middle. I started with a lovely gin cocktail, and for my main course had the lamb shank biryani. To say it was delicious is an unstatement. My husband opted for duck vindaloo - it arrived sliced with the vindaloo sauce in a separate jug so you could pour on as much or as little as required. We were advised to have spinach and mustard leaves as a side dish - not something I would have chosen, but superb advice by our waiter. And finally, they brought out a cup cake with sparkler on a plate with 'Happy Anniversary' iced around it. A wonderful evening with fabulous food. This is an indian restaurant, not a curry shop!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

It was my husbands 28th Birthday and we were staying in a hotel close by to Chelsea ( the hotel was a disappointment) but thankfully a 10 min drive to Chutney Mary changed his entire birthday around - he absolutely loved it (and my husband is super fussy when it comes to food!). The service was immaculate and the food portion was great, we weren't over stuffed and managed to still enjoy our dessert! over all, an amazing birthday dinner! Very impressed....

Thanks to all the staff at Chutney Mary!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great table in the conservatory. Superb frunishings, exquisite food and wonderful service. We were thoroughly spoilt on our wedding anniversary.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The dining area in beautiful "garden" was truly the highlight of this experience. That, and the Mirchi Martini - spicy vodka something...

Unfortunately, the food fell short of my expectations; butter chicken was not that buttery, but more on the tomato side. That said, perhaps I'm not used to this kind of butter chicken so I digress...

Overall, the food had some heat to it but not so much in flavourful spices. Burnt pappadum, but good naan.
Did not order dessert but other patrons did and looked good.

Minor hiccup: we were running late for our reservation so I called to advise the restaurant. I was told they don't hold the table past the time of reservation - not even 10 mins. I understand that it's policy but I thought it to be an unreasonable one.

Overall, a 7 out of 10.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

He venue is very chic and a great place to have dinner. The meal was wonderful and the staff was excellent.