“I can seriously recommend the set weekly lunch menu...”
Review of Chez Bruce

Chez Bruce
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Bruce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“I can seriously recommend the set weekly lunch menu...”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Having been to Chez Bruce in the evenings on a number of occasions we went at lunchtime ... Yes it still is a nightmare to park close by etc. But we have an amazing 3 course lunch for just under £30.00 per head - fantastic!!

My only complaint is not enough meat on the menu - mainly fish - which I love but not everyone does !

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 113jojo

• Polish first
Durham
“Excellent.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Five of us had a lovely lunch here and would go again without hesitation.
We were shown to our table given a lunch menu which was quite extensive and enjoyed parmesan crisp while we perused.
A good walnut bread was also sampled before I had my starter, a fois gras pâté so silky smooth it was a delight to eat. Other starters were just as good. The main of veal was delicious -just perfect, while my husband enthused about his lamb tagine.
Service was friendly and the meal was paced well.
The coconut pannacotta (I am told) was excellent but the three of us who had the cheeseboard thought we had made the best choice. A selection of 25 cheeses was produced and I was impressed with the servers knowledge of each.
They were helpfully sectioned into soft, blue etc and well done to them for including some British cheese which seems to often get forgotten about.
A couple of bottles of good wine and coffee completed a lovely meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Northerntraveller59
London, United Kingdom
“Solid but not sold on it”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I liked the food, but for the price, I definitely was not blown away. My seafood pasta appetiser was good, but not great. My main though was very good. The flavours of the tajine were excellent. Once again, dessert was good, but not anything jaw dropping. I think my problem was my expectations. They were too high, thus anything other than the best was going to be a bit of a let down. For my money, I would go to Trinity in Clapham.

Enquin-s-Baillons
“Faultless”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We took a friend here for her birthday lunch. I had deep-fried brains (why does one see this delicacy so infrequently on menus?) followed by a tagine of lamb - so much more exciting than any I have had in Tunisia, Algeria or Morocco - and then a perfect crème brulee. We were not drinking but I had a long look at the wine list and there are some interesting wines on it; no ridiculous mark-ups either. My wife had a brandade to start followed by beef - accompanied by frites that would make even a Belgian gasp in ecstacy. Our guest had the foie gras and the cod and loved both. Quantities are perfect, too; you leave feeling that you have had a decent lunch but not at all heavy. For the quality of food, atmosphere and service, there are few restaurants anywhere I have ever been that can better Chez Bruce. How lucky we are that Bruce Poole is still relatively (to me, at least) young.

1 Thank Berger843
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Boutique gastronomy”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is one of those places for tasting new flavors and senses. Besides some ‘my-way-to-do-foie-grass’ dishes you may choose to ride from a very light and almost foamy peas/asparagus soup up to Deep fried calf’s brain with dressed puy lentils (witch I had), lamb tagine with harissa-glazed aubergine and appricots. A very wide list of wines presented by a very young but experienced sommelier. Desserts are very good, but the cheese options are marvelous also presented by a very young and experienced waiter. Access by train/tube is not easy and price of Taxi in and out should be considered on your expenses (U$ 80-100 both ways from South Kensington)

1 Thank worldwideleo