“Excellent - can't fault it!”
Review of Chez Bruce

Chez Bruce
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Bruce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent - can't fault it!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a big treat for my boyfriend who has been wanting to try this restaurant for years! neither of us had ever been to a Michelin star restaurant so didn't know what to expect. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave it's just fantastic. Food, wine, ambience - all perfect!

If you're going out for a special meal or you're prepared to pay £150 ish for 3 courses each and a lovely bottle of wine this is the place for you. I'll just have to find another excuse for a treat now...

1 Thank F_and_M_121116

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Chez Bruce several times including on a Sunday, the food has consistently been of high quality every time. Good value and good service. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
“Never left disappointed after going to Chez Bruce..”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Must be one of my favourite restaurants and in my opinion good value for money in high quality fine dining. Been here about 4-5 times and looking forward to the next time. The service, food and atmosphere is excellent. The wine list has plenty of variety and the waiters and sommelier has enough knowledge to help you find a suitable wine for the food at a reasonable price. Make sure you book at least a month in advance not to be disappointed especially over weekends. There are also two nice pubs with good selection of beer (the hope & the althorp) within 1min walk for a drink before your meal overlooking Wandsworth common.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Faan10
New York City, New York
“MPW now exorcised!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As many will know, No 2 Bellevue Road became a place of culinary pilgrimage back in the late 1980s as MPW's first - and arguably greatest - restaurant, Harveys.

In consequence, my Chez Bruce experiences - though always good - have been overshadowed hitherto by the happy, heady days of my thirties and precious memories of stella food shared with great friends during the extraordinary era when Marco and Gordon Ramsay were toiling at the stove - and long before they became the monstrous, arrogant parodies we know today!
Well, no more - my midweek lunch at Chez Bruce has finally expunged this spectre! This was the best meal of my recent memory - if all one star restaurants were this good, who'd bother with two or three?
My only problem with the excellent Prix Fixe menu was the breadth of choice - I can't remember when I was last presented with a list of dishes, any one of which I would happily have eaten.
A wide, eclectic and fairly priced list of wines by-the-glass, an irresistibly good cheese board (their Comté, the best I've ever tasted comes from La Fromagerie, as they were happy to tell) and a charming, helpful and well informed staff made the experience an absolute delight. So much so, I booked for Sunday lunch before I fell out the door at 5pm and I'm even think of giving La Trompette and Glasshouse another chance!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took friends here to thank them for a lovely stay in London, as they were familiar with the restaurant and it is nearby to them. It was a delicious dinner! The service was very attentive, and the menu was quite varied with many excellent choices. I have to admit it was my first time having eel, which I found quite nice, and my first taste of pigeon, which I am glad I didn't order, although our friend who had ordered it, enjoyed. All in all, a very nice time was had!