“very special, but expensive!”

Outlaw's at The Capital
Ranked #650 of 24,255 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Michelin starred Outlaw’s at The Capital boasts an ever changing array of unique dishes created using British seafood caught predominantly around the coast of Cornwall. Masterminded by Nathan Outlaw and Head Chef Andrew Sawyer, who source the freshest and best seafood from fishermen they know. They let the ingredients take centre stage and menus showcase an array of original and creative seafood dishes. Nathan who holds 2 Michelin stars at his eponymous restaurant in the village of Port Isaac, Cornwall spends time each week at the restaurant with the team.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I live nearby and had been curious for awhile, so one evening I just went in on my own. The staff was very friendly and courteous, and I was able to choose a table to my liking. Food was very nice and beautifully served. I chose two starters – the cured mackerel which was lovely (though perhaps a little bit too much dressing) and the scallops with hazelnut crust and artichoke mash which were really delicious and the combination of flavours was very special. They do a mean spicy tomato juice and thank goodness they resisted the temptation to turn up the music when the restaurant was quiet at the start of my dinner. By the time I left most tables were taken and there was a pleasant buzz. As per usual, quality does not come cheap but I can wholeheartedly recommend going for the set lunch menu or when you are feeling flush or somebody else is paying.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

One of the best meals we have ever had in London. Service was impeccable and timing of each course was just right. The wine list is extensive, if a little pricey - although the wine we had was extremely good. The menu was interesting and well executed. We will definitely return (maybe on a Thursday when you can bring your own wine without corkage charge, which seems to be an excellent offer).

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was fortunate enough to be treated to lunch at this restaurant yesterday for my birthday. The experience was very pleasant from start to finish. There is a warm welcome from the hotel concierge upon arrival and this continues with the maître d and so on. We enjoyed a couple of drinks in the bar area before we were shown to our table. The restaurant area light and roomy without being too big. The service was very attentive as you would expect in this type of establishment and the sommelier was very helpful and quite humorous without being over the top. If (like me) you like seafood then any of the menus will do the trick. I had the scallops to start and can say they are probably the best I have ever tasted. I then had the turbot for main course and this was also very good but not as good as the scallops. The cost of the food compared to similar restaurants is very reasonable and if unlike us you are able to make 1 bottle of wine last for the meal then you will probably be able to eat very well for under £200 for two of you.
Both my wife and I were suitably impressed and will probably head back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had an excellent lunch here recently, the very good value set lunch. Started with a very good cauliflower soup with salt cod and curry oil, a main of plaice with delicious wild garlic dumplings and St Clement's possett and cheese to finish. Service pleasant and efficient. Nicely finished small dining room. The wine list is expensive but not unreasonable for what it is but it was one of the cheapest (but not in a bad way) lunches we've had in London for a while.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Without doubt, this is very good restaurant.
Whole place is kind of calming, relaxing. Very nice atmosphere. Service was very professional. Their wine list is impressive.
All dishes we ate were great, too. Cooked perfectly and presentation was neat and clean, just spot on.
Needless to say, we enjoyed and had a really nice evening.
However, I'd say, it was " great ", but not " amazing ". Somehow I felt like just a tiny piece was missing to complete whole " amazing " picture.
4 people, the bill was well over £400. ( we only had a grass of wine and champagne each, starter and main each, just 1 desert to share )
Maybe I only would like to recommend this restaurant for fully grown adults who appreciate this calm ambience or for business dinner which I saw the most of people there for.

1  Thank elstorm