“Absolutely fantastic meal”

Outlaw's at The Capital
Ranked #149 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: The Michelin starred restaurant Outlaw's at The Capital boasts an ever changing array of unique dishes created using British seafood caught predominantly around the coast of Cornwall. Masterminded by Nathan Outlaw and Head Chef Tom Brown, who source the freshest and best seafood from fishermen they know. They let the ingredients take centre stage and menus showcase an array of original and creative seafood dishes. Nathan who holds 2 Michelin stars at his eponymous restaurant in the village of Port Isaac, Cornwall spends time each week at the restaurant with Tom.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic meal”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We came here for lunch. The standard of the food and service was exemplary. I ordered from the a la carte menu- lobster risotto for starters then monkfish for main. The lobster risotto was divine. It was cooked to perfection, I can't describe how delicious it was. The monkfish was very thick cut and very delicate. The sauce was also very tasty. I had the pineapple for desert, I found the pineapple slightly too sharp and the mango sorbet was pretty standard. So I concluded that my favourite was the lobster risotto. My friend ordered from the set lunch menu which they also thoroughly enjoyed.

Service was very attentive. We weren't rushed or intruded at all. The atmosphere was grand but relaxing.

I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Bel C

“Excellent meal, excellent service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We came for the lunch last weekend. I ordered the set lunch and my friend ordered from the a la carte menu. The dishes were presented beautifully. The lobster risotto was amazing, would definitely have it as a main course next time. The banana ice cream with chocolate sauce was very tasty, a lovely end to a very enjoyable meal.

Also the staff also made the whole experience memorable. The service was attentive and not over bearing, just what you'd expect in a top restaurant in London.

Highly recommended, one of the best seafood restaurants in London!

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“A turn for the better”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had a meal at The Capital a few year's ago and was not impressed. However Mr Outlaw has really turned the place around. We had an offer - three courses for £25 and did they make it worth our while. An amuse bouche greeted us - a tasty ling "fishball" with a cucumber puree. This was accompanied by endless servings of restaurant made bread - an olive oil based recipe and a bitter beer variety - both were good. The service was efficient, friendly and very competent - well done to the front of house staff. For starters I had the crab and celeriac - very good - my friend had the duck salad - which he said was very good. The mains kept up the standard - he had the ox cheek I had the mackerel. The fish was divine - the white cabbage, ink and red pepper sauce was not to my taste but was well cooked. For dessert we both had the clementine posset - I could eat this every day for the rest of my life. Stunning. We had a very enjoyable glass of the French sauv- reasonably priced. The post dinner coffee - which was very tasty was accompanied by a chocolate truffle and a mini treacle tart. There was no rush and the whole lunch was a very pleasant experience. I noticed they do a seafood tasting menu - I will be back!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeff B
england
“Fantastic New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Lovely evening .food excellent service excellent lovely singers in the bar .
If you can't get to Rock don't worry it's just a tasty here

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best of British”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you want very best of British food and don't have a big budget.....this is a must try at a 2 Michelin star chef outlet by Nathan Outlaw at The Capital Hotel Knightsbridge.3 course set lunch is only aprox.£28 per person.With this highest quality,there is no such place who serve with excellence and great care taken to prepare the food.The most memorable was the lovely dessert peanut butter ice-cream!!!! Please try even if you have to pay a la carte price.Really worth the experience.You will probably sound like Meg Ryan in the movie at the cafe with Billy Crystal....

• Visited October 2013