“Proper Fast Food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Open for breakfast, great for a snack during the day and a shoe-in after a pub session...Rich and poor, young and old ...everyone comes here for great grub.

1  Thank Rob H
There are newer reviews for Brick Lane Beigel Bake

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were walking around Shoredicth and found this on Brick lane south of Redchurch- everyone gets the "Hot Salt Beef" (basically a pastrami) on a bagel, a great snack and at £3.70 probably the cheapest thing we ate while in London. I could have probably eaten one by myself but felt better about splitting it with my wife. The picture is a bit frightening looking- but just wanted to show it is a big serving of meat.

1  Thank Sidhartha
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The beigel bakery has tended to be the final stop after all of my recent brick lane drinking sessions. No, the staff may not be the bubbliest and friendliest in the world, but they serve the drunken crowds, and get them in and out speedily and satisfied! I can never decide between the salt beef and the salmon/cream cheese so I tend to get both.. Which inevitably leads to me barely being able to finish the salt beef (the amount of beef they pack in is amazing!) and eating my salmon one for breakfast the next morning. I wouldn't go for dinner here, or take a date here, but as far as delicious food cheap and quick late at night, it's a hands down winner!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I went into the shop in the morning to try the bagels.(why do they spell them the other way) As so many rave about them. I also wanted to see how rude the staff were. I found the woman who served me nice and friendly,so could not understand why people say the staff are rude.
The bagels were very average.Nothing to write home about. I have had far better at a shop in Manchester called Brackmans. The bagels there are fantastic.
I returned to the shop at around 7pm to get a salt beef bagel,and it was then that i met the older sour faced woman who everyone must be talking about when they say rude staff. She hardly looked at me,snatched the money out of my hand,and when i asked for a bag,she just threw it on the counter instead of putting the bagel in the bag for me.
To top it all off i had a bad stomach that night and all next day after eating the salt beef. There is another bagel shop next door,so i will try that next time i am in the area.Avoid this one at all cost,and if you are in Manchester try Brackmans to see what a bagel should taste like.

2  Thank EXAMINER86
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tried this place today after reading all the write ups. Did not agree with previous reviewers that staff are rude - they were very pleasant and the food did not disappoint and it was all so cheap and tasty, especially the cakes. However, if you worry about hygiene I would give this place a miss. Although person behind counter was wearing gloves, after handling lots of smoked salmon, she took the money with same gloved hand and then proceeded to hand pick a cake for me with the same salmony gloved hand. When I complained, she put the cake back for the next unfortunate customer and picked another piece of cake up with tongs. Why are they in such a rush to serve people, thereby ignoring hygiene rules? This place is very popular in spite of this, so if you don't have a weak stomach and want a huge amount of salt beef on your beigel for very little money, then this is the place for you.

1  Thank Leona S