“the luxurious English afternoon tea with a french touch”
Review of The Rose Lounge

The Rose Lounge
Ranked #4,013 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Rijeka, Croatia
“the luxurious English afternoon tea with a french touch”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friend and I booked an afternoon tea here. We looked up afternoon teas in London online and found a website that listed all the places that received an award for 2013 for their afternoon tea, and the rose lounge was on the list and we chose it because we liked the photos and the reviews we found. We had booking for 2.30h and upon entering the hotel and inquiring at the reception about our tea we were told to sit down and wait a bit, very shortly after, our waiter came and showed us to the rose lounge and we chose our table. The room is all in creamy pink and beige colours, with comfy sofas and pillows, and a fireplace, and bookshelves; it really looks like someone's very beautiful & luxurious living room. Our waiter (who spoke English with french accent) introduced us to the menu and was basically around a lot, asking whether everything was okay, and filling up our tea and water. You can choose your tea, and then you get a selection of finger sandwiches, and you get scones (plain& with raisins), and clotted cream and raspberry jam and lemon curd and after you finish all that you choose a cake. You can choose 2 cakes, from a selection of french pastries. After a while, a lady came who started playing a harp so our tea was accompanied with lovely live classical music. This tea costs 28 pounds plus service charge (so it's 31.50 pounds) but you can also choose tea with a glass of champagne which is extra 4 or 5 pounds. We had a very relaxing experience, and the food was great. Tasty sandwiches, and amazing cakes, and it was all very filling.

• Visited August 2013

London, England
“Excellent value...but service could be better”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I really enjoyed our afternoon tea experience at the Sofitel. The room is beautiful, not as big as other tea lounges and had a really cosy atmosphere with a harpist.

I was disappointed we were shown to a tiny table for 3, with quite formal straight back chairs. I was so hoping for the armchairs or sofa but apparently these had been reserved by other guests. We finally settled on an equally small table but the chairs at least had arms! The table was so small there was barely room for our plates, glasses and tea cup. Our tea pots had to sit on a separate table, which leads me to the service. Staff were pleasant but not very attentive. Not once did we have our cups refilled or asked if we needed more tea, (it went cold very quickly) and it was awkward reaching over for our teapots across the table without knocking into everything.

Food was very good. A choice of 4 finger sandwiches, 3 scones and a choice of 2 cakes.

I appreciate this tea is cheaper than other hotels, one of the reasons we booked here in the first place, if the service improved and there were more comfy chairs this would be one of the best spots in London!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MaldivesForever23
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A royal timeout in Londonit a”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I traveled to London with my 12 years old daughter for her "Bat Mizva" (12th birthday).
I ordered in advance a place in the Rose Lounge in Sofitel Hotel using the site : http://www.afternoontea.co.uk/
this is a very nice way to rest while touring the great city.
The lounge is very cosy, decorated like an antique place with pink and rose colors, there is a fireplace (which was not in use , because it was June..)
and an Harpist who played while we ate and contributed to the atmosphere.
we ate some sandwiches, scones and great cakes and drank champagne (me) and strawberry smoothie (my daughter) and of course - some tea.
service was very good.
The Sofitel hotel is very close o the palace.

• Visited June 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Bucket List Dream, fulfilled.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first visit to London, and I have always wanted to experience a true, British Afternoon Tea. Even my husband, enjoyed this Lovely Tea. Numerous , splendid teas to choose from, and a Beautiful tray of delicious finger sandwiches, scones, butter, lemon curd, jams, and French Pastries and cakes, All Art on a plate. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful, the Harpist played and added to the peaceful, relaxing afternoon.The room is lovely and If I visit London, again, I shall book Tea at the Rose Lounge.

Visited July 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“afternoon tea experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

i took my parents in low for the afternoon tea at the Rose Lounge.the experience was absolutely amazing from the moment we stepped in.The room is very relaxing withe beautiful music.the staff was very welcoming and provided a great service.the whole experience was very enjoyable and we had a great afternoon.