“Meh...”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Opening in 1982, Bombay Brasserie was in the vanguard of modern Indian cuisine, with an inventive approach that married classic regional cooking with a European brasserie-style menu. The spacious interior, with its airy conservatory and bright murals, extends to a welcoming bar and a more traditional dining room well suited to the affluent Kensington clientele.
London, United Kingdom
“Meh...”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Meh…
The front door, which is grand and imposing, promises great things. So do the attentions of the staff, who bathe you in Asian solicitude like warm gulab jamun. The dining room is high ceilinged, quiet and very beige. But the food is disappointingly bland. This is dumbed down Indian food for people who don’t like Indian food. Perhaps I expected too much from Bombay Brasserie’s reputation. I was looking for explosions of flavour and interesting flavour combinations. The nearest we got to exciting were tiny little round pastry cases into which we poured a hot(ish) sauce. In its favour, the dahl was excellent. Take and elderly aunt who his never left Kensington and is suspicious of foreign food. She will be charmed. But we were disappointed.

• Greek first
New York City, New York
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our reservation was for 8:00, but had a delay in the cab, so arrived at 8:10 and we were not seated until 8:40. Kind of annoying for my companion, but I had a glass of wine in the quite serene bar area and enjoyed the quiet. Once, seated everything was great. The servers were very attentive, food came out quickly and was all very good. The interior was beautiful. No complaints, excellent venue for a date with your spouse, a business meeting or just dinner with friends. Will return next time in London.

London, United Kingdom
“Lost my reservation, made me wait 45 mins!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I made an online reservation for 7pm. When we showed up at 659pm, they couldn't find our reservation. So they offered us to sit in the bar while they tried to find a table. 45 minutes later !!! They finally found a table. And no, they did not offer to buy us a drink in the bar. Once seated, food was average. We had high expectations but low results. I suggest a different restaurant.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Special Occasion Curry House”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a special occasion and left in a fantastic mood. This is a great place to eat, with pleasant staff, great service and a menu to match. Don't think I can come here every week but next time I'm celebrating in the area I'll definitely drop in again.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great setting, friendly staff, great wine but so-so food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food in this restaurant was a disappointment but all else lived up to first impressions. This is a great setting and is probably a decent business setting. The restaurant is served by a gracious ante-room, the restaurant-proper is very nicely decorated and the ambiance is fine. Staff are very friendly and attentive and the wine is excellent. The food is mediocre...

1 Thank InLondonAgain