“The best indian food in London”

The Bombay Brasserie
Ranked #611 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Opening in 1982, Bombay Brasserie was in the vanguard of modern Indian cuisine, with an inventive approach that married classic regional cooking with a European brasserie-style menu. The spacious interior, with its airy conservatory and bright murals, extends to a welcoming bar and a more traditional dining room well suited to the affluent Kensington clientele.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The best indian food in London”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Amazing food, professional service, beautiful place. It suprises you every minute. The best mango lassie and chicken curry.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank cucuruchito

• Greek first
St. Helier, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went with three friends. Great service and the best seabass I have ever eaten. I can definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank teresadza
Wirral UK
“Good food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Service and food were excellent. The cocktails were excellent.
A little pricey but a good night out overall

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Joanne B
loire valley
“Authentic, yet a touch of Adventure.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have visited this restaurant several times over the past 15 years and am still happy each and every time I leave. Thr dishes are well prepared, authentic and always exceed my expectations. The service is good, I do feel at times there may be a shortage of service staff or that they may have cut back on the service area.
I have travel to India and have not experience the same standard there, still my favourite Indian restaurant on the Globe.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lecalabash
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Simply AMAZING!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I recently visited London and had booked this restaurant online after researching Indian restaurants in the area. Having arrived early we had time to sample the cocktails in the bar (comfy, high ceiling, lovely lighting and artwork) and had excellent long island iced tea and cosmopolitan. We were shown to our table in the conservatory area of the restaurant, which is not as palatial as the main room of the restaurant, nor was the atmosphere as good. This is the only criticism we have. The food was excellent, especially the scallop and crab starter and chicken xachuti (made with rare spices) and lamb shank in saffron sauce main courses. Alongside the mains we also had spinach with crispy garlic which was heavenly. We had a fabulous meal. It was so good that we decided to eat there again (we were only in London for 2 nights). We booked the table by telephone and requested a table in the main room. On arrival we were greeted extremely warmly and again enjoyed the great cocktails. On this occasion we tried the chickpea and potato cake starter, which was extremely enjoyable, and the same main courses which were equally well cooked as the night before. This will be the first restaurant we go to on future trips to London. Excellent all round.

• Visited September 2012