“Love a good barbecue....”

Bodean's BBQ - Soho
Ranked #556 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
“Love a good barbecue....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I love Bodeans, and the only reason I don't rate it as excellent is the whole accessing of a table - waiting in a random queuing system, often cramped conditions detracts from the experience for me however I do love the buzz and the food is spot on. If I was in London every day I think I'd spend a lot of money in Bodeans!! Always has a great vibe, probably because it's so packed. Portions are a great size - especially the Boss Hog Platter but i struggled to like any of the cocktails.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Great ribs & wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I generally come here for the wings and ribs - and this time it didn't disappoint! The hot wings were spicy and full of sauce, the ribs had huge amounts of meat on them and the chips and coleslaw were tasty.

When we originally arrived, the lady upstairs said the wait for the restaurant was about an hour and a half. A bit disappointed, I went down to add my name to the list and thought we'd find a local pub and have a few drinks while we waited. We went down and the restaurant was practically empty and we were seated straight away. Another 7 tables were then seated (without reservation) in the next half an hour... so I'm not sure why we were told there was such a huge wait?

• Visited June 2014
Gjovik, Norway
“For the meatlovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Probably one of the biggest meat meals I've had my entire life. The meat was perfectly prepared and it tasted so good, I didn't even bother eating that much chips and coleslaw (even though it tasted good as well). We ordered the Boss Hog Platter (£26.95) with a full selection including Spare and Baby Back Ribs, Jacob Ladder Beef Rips, Burnt ends, Pulled pork, Chicken Thighs and Smoked Sausages. We were two sharing the plate and we weren't able to finish it because there was so much food. Could have done without the Chicken Thighs and the Smoked Sausages , not my favorites. Everything else tasted delicious.

Our waiter was friendly and service minded. Be aware that there is a long wait to get at table here. Don't be surprised if you have to wait 2 hours for a table. If so, go to the nearest pub and drink a beer while you wait.:) It is worth it.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went here with friends for a lunch on a Friday. We waited around 20 minutes for a table to become free as we couldn't book a table for a specific time.

I wasn't very impressed with this bodean's at all. The food was ok, but I got a little bit of steak, chips, corn on the cob and coleslaw for £15. The dessert was better - a piece of apple pie and a coffee for £5.

My friend's little girl came with us, and although she ate for free they didn't have any drinks for her apart from pure apple juice.

Good points
- Nice restaurant
- Good location
- Friendly staff

Not so good points
- Not enough food!
- They added on the service charge of 12% without asking (always annoys me)
- Couldn't book a table.

All in all a very nice meal but very over priced. If my main was £10 it would have been better, but we felt ripped off a little with them adding on a service charge onto what seemed like an over priced meal.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I am amazed at the number of reviewers on here who have rated this restaurant chain as 'excellent'. It's not and they clearly are not that discerning either.

The facts are as follows. This is neither excellent nor is it as poor as some of those at the other end have suggested. Rather unhelpfully a vegetarian has rocked the stats with a negative review. Whilst I laud the effort made in writing a review you shouldn't be going to a place that primarily caters for carnivores if you are a vegetarian. You will be disappointed. Try The Gate instead.

The meat served here is average at best. There is a wait so go knowing this and don't be surprised when you are told it maybe up to 2 hours. It's plastered everywhere!

The prices are reflective of those willing to pay for it and would I go here again? Probably not but then it is a level up from some of the other places in the immediate vicinity.

You may have noticed I haven't said too much about the actual food. Thats because there isn't much to say about it.

Go with an open mind.