“Soho Special Was Really Special!”

Bodean's BBQ - Soho
Ranked #590 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Bari, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soho Special Was Really Special!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great BBQ in the heart of Central London.
No early reservation can be made since they have a walk-in policy for group less than 8 people.Anyway it is absolutely worth the wait.
I tried the Soho Special which was so juicy and tasty...mmmmh so yummy!
Average prices and great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Recomended to us, but not great”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was overly excited about visiting Bodeans after a recomendation from a friend, but it was pretty dissapointing on the food front. Ribs were tough and not at all slow cooked, and the rest of the meal was average, plus a 2 hour wait for a table made it worse! The best part of the night was the drinks, good Bourbon and cocktails, but wouldnt bother to go back.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Long wait - average food!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love ribs and BBQ and was seriously excited when a supplier suggested we eat at Bodean's. Unfortunately, this place was yet another let-down with the service and lack of organisation testing my patience to the limit!

After more than 1.5 hours wait for a table, we finally seated ourselves. Yes that's right, we seated ourselves because the waitress lost the plot and people who had not been waiting as long were given a seat before we were so we had to take matters in to our own hands.

We went up to the counter (I found this bit really irritating having already waited in another queue for over an hour) and ordered some burnt ends with fries, slaw and a beer. The food was okay but really not worth the hype. I was expecting so much more! I did take solace in the fact that my colleague got the chef's hair in his food as this is a fate that is usually reserved for me. To be fair, they did replace the dish but seriously, it was so obvious on the plate that I just can't believe the kitchen missed it.

Would I go again? Only if I had to as part of a bigger party.

“Amazing experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing place!

Even though its a BBQ Shack the staff were more than happy to accommodate me being a vegetarian and were happy to go through what they had and what they personally preferred etc which was excellent. A pleasant surprise!

We were greeted by a friendly waitress who found us a table and served as soon as we were ready. Cocktails were amazing and the good was first class!

Service was great throughout and there was absolutely nothing to fault! 100% in our eyes!

Dublin, Ireland
“BEST RIBS I'VE EVER EATEN”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Unbelievable sauce, melt in the mouth meat, super vaule. no more needs said & can't wait to get back

• Visited January 2013