“Excellent French cuisine in the capital.”

Bleeding Heart Bistro
Ranked #2,162 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Description: Our busy buzzy Bistro with its striking 19th Century French wine posters and eccentric Vineyard Sculpture combines a warm ambience and cheerful yet professional service with traditional French dishes ranging from Coq au Vin and Steak Frites to Lapin à la Moutarde and Navarin of Organic Lamb, plus a great-value list of 450 wines by the bottle and more than a dozen by the glass. From Spring to Autumn the Bistro has a secluded court yard terrace sitting more than 30.
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

So, I chose this bistro as I knew the person I was taking was not a fan of the fussiness of fine dining. The restaurant was busy but we were well cared for. The menu was exceptional, I wanted to eat every starter, main course and desert. The wine was reasonably priced and the service was good. The only tiny criticism was that we allowed the lunch to drag on a bit and felt after 3 hours the staff would probably prefer we weren't there as they were getting ready for the 2nd shift. Generally good food, good service and will definitely be back. An authentic French bistro in London

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had just finished having a few whiskies around the corner and we fancied a bite to eat. I had eaten here previously before but my collegues had not so we decided to give the French eatery a chance.
They were very busy (9 on a Thursday night) and we didn't have a reservation but they managed to fit us in and were very welcoming. (The last time I was here one of our party was a fluent french speaker and I was curious whether this would have any bearing on the experience.)
We decided on main courses only and a nice bottle of Syrah - 2 rabbits and a lamb later we were impressed with the quality of the food - the service was good then ok and then improved when we attempted to speak french. Good tip for this place.
We were the last diners left in the restraunt and not hurried out which was very encouraging.
I will visit this place again and remeber to brush up on french before hand - the food excellent, the atmosphere authentic french, the wine super and it has a nice relaxed feel. Book a nice corner table in advance my tip and the rabbit is really yummy:)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a lovely little place tucked away amid refurbished warehouses a stone's throw from Farringdon station. The ambience is superb. We went for lunch. When we arrived at 1230 the place was empty but by 1pm it was full. Great rustic French decor (although the stick-back chairs were not especially comfortable), and the service was charming, even amusing, although we had to try really hard to slow them down (we were not on a business lunch, unlike most people there). The speed of delivery was a little suspicious, and the food, while tasty (soupe de poissons and calf's cheek) was not particularly fresh, but I guess that many people were on tight deadlines. Menu was varied and interesting on the whole, although desserts were pretty standard fare (tarte au citron, rum baba, that sort of thing). Decent house merlot. £45/head for three courses, including 2 glasses of wine and coffee). Four stars for the buzzy ambience and funny waiter.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The menu was mostly in English, glad I knew some french words (clue: lapin = rabbit) to help with the rest. Had an excellent salmon started and the bouillabaisse for my main. The sauce on the bouillabaisse was so fantastic - creamy, with flavorful seasoning - not entirely sure what it was - saffron? Not sure. Amazing. Affordable wine list. I like this place because all three locations of Bleeding Heart are in a quiet courtyard off the street so it feels more like a village location than in the middle of a huge city.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are regular visitors to the Bleeding Heart Bistro and are never disappointed. The menu offers a wide selection and includes a range of seasonal dishes. Service is excellent; staff have a good knowledge of the menu and are happy to help.
The bistro has a good atmosphere.