“Excellent food and cozy atmosphere”

Bleeding Heart Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleeding Heart Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Holborn
Cross street: Hatton Garden
Transit: Farrington tube and train station. Chancery Lane tube station.
Description: Described by Square Meal as "arguably the finest French restaurant in the City", the Bleeding Heart Restaurant offers modern French food, impeccable service, an award-winning "encyclopaedic" wine list and above all a uniquely welcoming ambiance in a wonderfully historic setting. The perfect Venue for a business lunch or dinner, the warm, wood-panelled Restaurant is also an ideal setting for a romantic "diner a deux": indeed it was voted by "The Times" as the City's most romantic restaurant.
Holland, PA
“Excellent food and cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a business luncheon here with guests from around the globe. Butternut squash soup special was creamy and delicious and a real winner. Various salads were large, fresh and well prepared. All of the meals were nicely presented and cooked just right. Service was extraordinary. We opted for the restaurant because it is a bit quieter than the tavern or bistro. But check out the tavern bistro if you are looking for lighetr fare in a more causual atmosphere.Not too pricey considering London prices. An elegant place for a great meal.

“Certainly a hidden gem”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went here with my partner the day after Valentines Day, and we were not disappointed.

We had a warm welcome in from the cold and service was immediately very attentive and sincere. We were seated upstairs in the restaurant, which was gorgeous and very romantic. There were only eight or so tables, making it very intimate, plus dark wood panels, candlelight, and not too many staff milling about. The ambience was perfect for the occasion. The table was laid out so we could sit almost alongside each other and talk properly, which I think should be adopted in more places.

Upon being seated, we were offered a choice of aperitifs (we chose gin and tonics) while we browsed the menu. The choice was difficult as it all looked delicious. I finally chose the soup of the day (mushroom & celeriac) and the pheasant to follow. My partner chose the steak tartare and quail's eggs to start, with lamb to follow. The wine list was extensive, and we were very happy with our choices.

The soup was delicious and not too rich, and the tartare was met equally positively. I was very pleased with my pheasant, having had a similar dish recently, and I pleasantly surprised by the generosity of the portion. The lamb was declared to be delicious, and cooked to be perfectly pink. Dessert was just exquisite, with my partner choosing an enormous creme brulée, whilst I opted for the chocolate fondant. It was a fantastic and very satisfying meal.

The only possible qualm I could have is with the bathroom. It was absolutely miniscule, with just one cubicle and hardly any room to walk around.

Nontheless, we can't wait to go back!

London, United Kingdom
“Bookatable offer - well worth it”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took advantage of the £30 set menu offer, which we upgraded to the "sommelier's selection of wines" with each of the three courses to give me a bill of just over £100 including tip.

We went in at 6.30pm (which suits us as we both work close by) on a Friday night. By the time we had finished, the restaurant was full, but by going early we had very good service.

Food was good value for money. The a la carte dishes going to other tables looked equally appetising and possibly larger portions, but I was quite satisfied with my food.

London, United Kingdom
“Appalling service. Just unbelievable”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ok, it was Valentine's night and busy but I've never ever been so amazed at such a disorganized restaurant. I've eaten here a few times before, not for a couple of years though. People were leaving after waiting over an hour for 1st course. Every table was obviously repeatedly seeking some attention from staff as they passed by their table. Never again. I'm sure they made a loss that night - so many unhappy, complaining customers. They wrote off our drinks which included a bottle of Bollinger. Avoid.

“The crown is slipping”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Used to eat here a lot but in recent times the food has not been as good. Avoid the fixed price menu in the main restaurant, it is not much of a bargain

Visited July 2012