Tripadvisor
London
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews splash suite the natural history museum quirky hotel city suite south kensington tube the royal albert hall the penthouse walk in shower room service amazing hotel coffee machine small room great shower continental breakfast tube station one night stay few minutes walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was a fantastic spot very near South Kensington tube station with shops and supermarkets nearby too.
Lots of restaurant and cafe choices and Knightsbridge, harrods and all the museums within 10/15 mins leisurely walk away.

Hotel was good had a lovley stay away only a couple of points like the only hotel lift is very very small. Only fits 2 people in with bags. Had to either queue for the lift a few times or climb 4 stories to the room with shopping.

Room was also more compact then it looked in the pictures online, still very nice and well designed and decorated.

Also no welcome pack with WiFi password, checkout times, room service menu, local spots to visit. This is not essential but would have saved us having to constantly call reception to keep asking them.

But the staff here were so helpful nothing was too much even getting back late asking for items for the room was never a problem.
Also had a lazy lunch at the hotel with room service and the food was amazing and very well priced especially for the area.

Overall a very good spot for a short break away with shops, theater and restaurants nearby would recommend a visit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dale W
Sarah_Schmid1, Manager at The Exhibitionist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dale W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found it convenient to plan your stay in London.

On the other hand I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our lift. Whilst the lift is often praised as one of our art highlights, it unfortunately only accommodates 3 people.

Thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the hotel information. It seems that my colleagues at the Front Desk did not mention that all can be found on the TV menu - I do apologise for this inconvenience.

I hope we will get a chance to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel. Staff all very pleasant and caring. Great hotel to walk to museums, Harrods etc.
Had the continental breakfast, which was a good variety and plenty of it as help yourself. We got upgraded to a superior room on arrival which was a wonderful touch.

Room tip: Rooms at front have balconies.

Dear Zara0365,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall of your stay with us, in particular our breakfast and the location of the hotel.

I will share your comments with the team here.

I do hope we will get an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night while exploring London. The main benefits of this hotel was cost (very inexpensive compared to other options in the same area) and the location (close to museums and the Piccadilly line).

The room itself was very small but as it was only one night it was no trouble. If you were staying longer I would upgrade to a bigger size room. The bathroom felt more spacious and the pressure of the shower was excellent - just what we needed after a long day of walking! The service was excellent from the check-in staff (though we didn’t eat or drink at the hotel) and everything was easy. The lift is very small so be prepared for that too!

We would probably stay here again, but would upgrade to a slightly bigger room for next time :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sarah_Schmid1, Manager at The Exhibitionist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear StueyM1,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay with us.

I highly appreciate your kind comments, especially about our service as well as our location.
We do indeed offer a range of room categories that vary in size and amenities; please feel free to contact us directly for your next reservation as the team here will be delighted to assist you with your next reservation.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Exhibitionist.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2019

The room is so unique, my room was the superior double with balcony and it was excellent. I long to stay in the suite as it looks incredible. Thank you to all the staff for a lovely stay I did not want to leave and I stay in a lot of hotels

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sarah_Schmid1, Manager at The Exhibitionist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Dear 963BH,

Thank you very much for your glowing review following your stay with us!

I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time here at The Exhibitionist; rest assured that I have shared your kind comments with the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Squint Splash Suite, all staff from arrival to check out were fantastic - super friendly and professional.
The room itself is stunning and the hot tub in the bathroom is obviously added luxury. Really couldn't fault anything, the fact that they also serve delicious pizza at any time of night accompanied by a couple of G&T's just topped off an already brilliant stay. The night porter who served these was so friendly and a credit to the hotel.
We were also impressed with the rate - we did book a special advance purchase, non refundable rate but for a room of that calibre in central London we really thought it was incredibly reasonable.
Thank you guys, we'll be back!

Date of stay: December 2019
Sarah_Schmid1, Manager at The Exhibitionist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Dear Hottubsandpizza,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we managed to exceed your expectations; rest assured that I have shared your wonderful comments with the team, in particular with our Night Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.