“Good Ramen ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Holborn
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ramen broth had good amount of pork bone flavours, ramen on whole was quite good and was very tasty . Service and staff quite nice and friendly too . I recommend going to this place and trying out their signature ramen .

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (480)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there in the evening, great food and great service, tasty options for vegans as-well. Second best ramen I’ve had after one of the best in Tokyo. Only downfall is a bit limited in the sorts of ramens (only 4 different soups)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have been trying different vegetarian ramen and at ippudo best ramen, I ever had. I will certainly go again very soon. Highly recommended if you fancy Japanese ramen.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

We tested out Ippudo for the first time in London, it was drizzling and we wanted to have some warm and creamy comfort food so we ended up in Ippudo. The shirumaru tamago was an excellent, hearty ramen with a broth that was full enough but not too thick. The lfavours were rich but not too spicy and the noodles were boiled on point as was the egg. My friend had the curry and complimented it also. We would happily visit again.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

Our party of three had no reservation, but we were welcomed and seated promptly. The waiter came in reasonable time for our order, but we weren’t ready (there’s so much food to choose from!), so he politely withdrew. It took a few minutes to get his attention after that, but we were the slow ones to begin with.

The drinks, starters and food arrived without delay, served by different people. Our final waiter anticipated us wanting to share one dessert and offered to bring extra spoons. He had a helpful attitude, so we didn’t mind when it took several minutes to wave him over for the bill. We overall found the staff to be friendly and well-mannered. Chefs and waiters alike thanked us as we left the restaurant.

We were very pleased with the quality of the food. The Yaki Gyoza pastry had the perfect balance of crispiness and chewiness, and the filling was juicy. The Hirata Chicken Buns had enough mayo, and meat that wasn’t dried out. The portion sizes of our mains were right for us; not so small that we felt cheated, but not so big that we couldn’t add side dishes or dessert.

My Buta Tama Don had tender pork, and egg that was set to the right silkiness. The rice had been cooked with too much water, but overdone rice doesn’t bother me. My brother agreed the rice for his Chicken Katsu Don was also overdone, but it made the dish less dry (he would have liked more sauce). My cousin had no complaints about her Tori Shoyu Ramen or Matcha Parfait dessert. None of our food had been over-seasoned.

The restaurant itself was a nice place to relax. The high ceiling made it feel spacious and airy. Our table, as well as seating and the floor beneath, was clean and free of crumbs and residue from previous meals.

The ladies’ toilets were mixed when it came to upkeep. The first cubicle had a loo clogged with toilet paper and a soiled seat. The next cubicle I tried was clean and working, but the dispenser had no toilet paper. There were spare (huge) rolls on the shelf behind the toilet – you can’t reach these when seated, so you need to pull a reel off first. I can only conclude that staff don’t check the state of the toilets as often as they should. Otherwise, the floor and sinks looked clean.

We ultimately really enjoyed our dining experience at Ippudo and were happy to pay that little bit extra. We’d gladly come back to try other menu options.