Tripadvisor
London

“One of a kind experience”
Review of Hubbard & Bell

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to admit, I am a very shy person when it comes to meeting new people, even if it is just introducing myself or asking for assistance. But, I was able to get the help and comfort needed from a particular member of staff named Salwa. She approached me with a friendly attitude and offered great hospitality. On top of that, the food was enjoyable and I can't say I have any complaints yet!

Date of visit: December 2019
HandB_Management, General Manager at Hubbard & Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Ayten A,

Thank you for your review!
We're so pleased to read that you had a lovely rapport with one of our staff

We'd love to see you back soon

The Hox team

Write a reviewReviews (528)

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Came here for a quick bite to eat and a informal business meeting. The place is nice and bright and open with very high ceilings. It made a great atmosphere and didnt make you feel cramped in. It was very busy and full to every seat.

A very different menu with many known dishes with a little twist. I had the pumpkin tortelini with a side of chips woth truffle oil. It was delicious. Could have done with a bigger portion but thats just me.

Everyones plate was very well decorated but the taste was better then the decoration which is the most important thing.

Date of visit: January 2020
HandB_Management, Host at Hubbard & Bell, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Hello david g!

Thank you for the review, we are happy to read that you had a delightful experience here with us at Hubbard and Bell.

We are glad you found our presentation great and the taste of our dishes even better.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Each time we ate at the restaurant we had good service from friendly servers...we were sure to ask their names and created relationships with them over those days which added to the fun and service. Christmas dinner was wonderful, especially brussel sprout leaves!! Breakfasts, afternoon beverages and dinners there were all great. Martina, Veronica were great, chefs very friendly...we totally enjoyed each meal. Recommend spending a meal there !

Hello kimmiesue6750

Thanks for the great review!
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Hubbard and Bell

We would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2019

We had their Christmas dinner, which itself wasn't terrible, but the service made the whole experience mediocre at best. To top it off, it was my boyfriend's birthday (unfortunate that it falls on Christmas), which made a day that was supposed to be special, far from it.

First of all, we were not served the amuse bouche that was listed on the Christmas menu, so when we asked a server, he said that we only have the choice of either the amuse bouche or a starter, of which is not listed on the menu (attached to this review). I understand if that is how it is, but I wish this was listed specifically on the menu.

Second, I was served my main course, but my boyfriend did not. We waited 15 minutes and asked a server where his food was - another 15 minutes later he finally received it. Apparently someone had taken his food to another table, but how is that even possible? And how did none of the staff notice that one person was missing his food?

By this time, my food was already stone cold. We did get a glass of sparkling wine and fries on the house, which was a nice gesture, but alas, my boyfriend does not drink alcohol - if they were going to give another drink, I wish they had asked his preferences.

Finally, the dessert. My boyfriend is allergic to egg and dairy, but all of the dessert options on the menu included them. However, they did not even try to find a replacement - not even a fruit plate, and we were charged for a dessert that was not served. For a restaurant in a hotel, I had thought they could have at least tried to procure something. Especially since the price was not cheap - £65, I really had expected more. When we were leaving, the servers had the audacity to ask if our experience was good - as if they had forgotten the whole debacle (which they probably did).

Maybe my experience was unique to the Christmas dinner, when it is prone to being understaffed, and I don't blame the individual servers, but nonetheless this experience was disappointing.

Hi nana_k_2744

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review, so sorry to hear about your experience here at Hubbard and Bell. We appreciate you letting us know about your time here, as we can better ourselves for the future.

For reservations, the team are always glad to know about any allergies and happy to make amendments to our menu for all of our guests.

We would love to have you back and restore your faith in us. Please do contact us at hubbardandbell@thehox.com and one of the management team will be in touch.

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Decided to stop in for a hot drink (breakfast tea and an Americano) Service was just OK, nothing outstanding to be honest, had to keep on giving eye contact to get them to see us!

Felt their hot beverages were very pricey for what they were and even looking at the menu, a cheese toasty was £10!

They slapped on a service charge even though we only had 2 hot drinks. Never seen that before with just 2 people attending, so at £7 later, we left!

HandB_Management, Manager at Hubbard & Bell, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2019

Hi Helene_Marie,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, I’m so sorry to hear about your experience here at Hubbard and Bell. We value all feedback as without this we wouldn't be able to progress going forward.

We do have a discretionary service charge which is added to bills within our bar and restaurant areas. I apologise if this wasn't communicated properly from our side.

We would love to have you back to restore your faith in us so please do drop us a line at hubbardandbell@thehox.com and one of the management team we be in touch.

The Hox team.