“Overpriced but good quality”
Review of Fine Foods

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Southwark
Neighborhood: Southwark
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stopped in here with a friend for an appetizer as we were both just slightly hungry and wanted a glass of wine. The service was great, the man was very friendly and attentive. We understood, however, that the starter we would be receiving was the meat and bread starter. I asked if olives are included with the dish and I was told I can have olives, so he brought back bread, olives, and meat. The wines were on the pricier side as well. While all was delicious, we looked at our receipt to see that we were charged separately for bread and oil (5.50), after I asked about having some olive oil with the dish... a whole separate charge without being informed. Plus, the starter we order stated that bread was included...so I don't understand why we were charged for two separate starters. We felt ripped off, even though it was good. I'd recommend lowering the prices and not up-charging for a tiny bowl of oil.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Impromptu visit brought an amazing experience. The owner was energetic in his desire to please and the food was the best Italian food I have had in London (lived there for ten years).

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Authentic, real Italian food. Great, laid back athmosphere. Try Fish carbonara, aubergine and cheeses. Nice owner and personal service. Maybe the best Italian for a while.

1  Thank matkustaja13
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A tiny little restaurant, but only a short walk from London Bridge station. Cracking food - the pasta is superb - and lovely staff. Recommended.

1  Thank Pilgrimgreen
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been lucky enough to have been able to dine in great restaurants all over the world. This little hideaway is up there with the best of them.

Totally unassuming, but don’t let that fool you. Both the food and atmosphere is second to none.

I’m not going to say any more. Just go there and enjoy some amazing food and wine.

1  Thank GarrenB