“Expectations delivered”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Hakkasan Hanway Place is the original Hakkasan restaurant. This Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant designed by Christian Liaigre has recreated the luxurious glamour of the past by combining Chinese history, tradition and architecture. Wooden lattice screens carved out of dark English oak invite discerning guests for a unique dining experience with contemporary cuisine from Chef Tong Chee Hwee. The menu has a strong Chinese ethnic identity with an ethos of Cantonese cooking that will be informed by a progressive approach, underpinned by authenticity rather than traditionalism. Hakkasan Hanway Place has launched Dim Sum Sundays, a weekly lunch event hosted by resident lounge DJs, available every Sunday from 12:00 until 17:45.
Lima, Peru
“Expectations delivered”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Best Chinese food in Town. Great buzz and vibrant atmosphere. I went there for dinner with my girlfriend. The place was recommended by our concierge from W Hotel.

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“The food is good but not worth the rest”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Your entry to the restaurant is heavily checked by a chic door girl with a clipboard who one wouldn't want to cross. The entry to the restaurant is a slope down hill which is delicately scented with incense... and then you get to the restaurant which is in the cellar and feels completely dystopian; loud loud music, dark dark room, many many people, shouting shouting shouting. The waiter is apparently an airborne spirit appearing mysteriously, soundlessly and fast, offering menus -- one has prices, one doesn't, he guesses who's hosting, and as the one guessed as guest, I didn't like that. Even as a guest, I want to know what I'm asking my host to pay. And as a woman, I don't want people to assume who the host is. The food arrived quickly and was tasty but not exceptional. The best thing, oddly, for a chinese restaurant, was the european influenced desert, a fruit parfait of sorts (that's probably the wrong name, sorry, but it was delicious). The ambience though seemed to flavour everything with the need to move on. My feeling is that this place is at the top of its success now. Risk it and wait til it's less fashionable, and you might be able to hear your own chopsticks. We were simply relieved to get out.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank rebsaroo
“Still the best”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I used to love hakkasan, and when I worked at a marketing agency in Soho I had both the expense account and the proximity to be able to go a few times a month. So much so that I always booked table 79 because it was the only one that had Vodafone mobile service.

I haven't been for a couple of years, but I went there a week ago, and it was still the most amazing experience, seductive, dark and adventurous, with one of the most creative and extraordinary menus in the world. My generous hosts even ordered crispy duck with caviar, which literally took my appreciation of taste to a new level. Thankfully you don't need to order that dish to have an exceptional combination of dishes.

Yes, still the best, and I'm now looking for another generous host to take me again.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went here with a friend for dim sum sunday! It was an excellent afternoon, with great food and superb service. Vincent was our favourite waiter! He really made us feel like the only diners with his attentiveness.

The dim sum sunday is well worth it! We left feeling stuffed and couldn't finish all the drinks given to us.

Will definitely return again!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best dining experiences”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Having been to Hakkasan before, I am used to their dining experiences, and that's why I keep going back.

From the drinks bar, to your seating...I like the side corners myself, the decor is well laid out, albeit a bit dark. We had a large table as it was a colleagues leaving do, and we opted for a host of dishes so the set menu.

The food: exceptional...always right, always well presented.

The service: great, from the moment you enter to when you leave.

It is one the side of TCR, so it's hard to find unless you know it, but it's a quiet road, so it's worth spending a few mins looking for it...usually see the doorman outside and expensive cars/taxi.

If you don't have a budget and you enjoy good dining, then this is a place to visit.