“Cheap, cheerful, tasty veggie food”
Review of Beatroot - CLOSED

Beatroot
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Prepared with natural ingredients & lots of care, our concept is simple. We display ten hot dishes, which are inspired from around the globe, together with colourful seasonal salads. Choose a small, medium or large container and our friendly staff team will fill your box to the brim with whatever choice of food you fancy, hey presto! As well as being Vegetarian, most of our food is Vegan. So, if your diet is dairy free you have a great choice at Beatroot. We also cater for wheat-free and gluten-free diets…ask a member of staff for details. We also offer a fab selection of smoothies and juices, which are made to order using the freshest ingredients. Our cakes and flapjacks are all baked by us and we serve great organic, fair-trade coffee, plus teas and herbals.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

In the heart of bustlng Berwick Street Market, next door to the Endurance pub, Beatroot can't be beaten for filling, good value, vegetarian food. Meals come in 3 sizes of container, the cheapest at £4.70 being big enough for several choices of food. I had rice, tofu and vegetable stir fry, daal, and butter bean and red pepper. The hot chocolate is a generous size and also very good. Unfortunately, there's no customer's loo.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visited Beatroot several times on a recent trip to London. Tried some of the smoothies, all delicious, and got boxes to take away for lunchtime. All the dishes were really tasty, and the staff really try to cram as much as possible into the box! Great variety of foods and all vegan apart from a couple of dishes. Would definitely recommend :)

1  Thank eva_harkness
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times with a friend from work. It's a great place for a quick, healthy lunch. Cafe style, vegan, allergy friendly. Just good food and good portions...at a good price.

2  Thank EnglishGirl-AngelM
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I often stop by beatroot if I'm shopping or seeing friends around the west end area. If you're going to the theatre it's a much nicer and quieter place to go rather than piling into a pizza express with all other theatre goers! If their food was all dolled up on beautiful crockery served on white table cloths you'd pay similar prices to Vanilla Black for it. Food of this quality piled into a big brown box for a fiver, yes please!! Also, the staff are more than happy to cram as much into your box as possible. No judgements as you ask for more and more, they just left mine open so it could bulge out the top

1  Thank Noelle W
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I flew in from Riverside, California USA and I had an 8 hour layover in London, I met someone for the first time in person and while giving me a whirlwind tour of central London, she brought me to your great place. I am diabetic so eating at least somewhat vegetarian without too many carbs is my goal. Choosing from 3 sizes of rectangular box for my meal was awesome. Encouraging people to stop eating and just wrap it up for leftovers is a good thing. Plus, no dishes to wash. I enjoyed the offerings and would recommend it to those who are not vegan/vegetarian. Try something new to you.